What's new

underbidder

findtim

Top Contributor
i was an underbidder today, kicked myself for not bidding more but shit happens, i did think i was on the money but someone obviously thought more of the domain then me so good on them.

i have a long list of handreg doms i want ( in an excel doc) so i console myself by going off and hand regging a few of them instead.

what do you do?

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
i was an underbidder today, kicked myself for not bidding more but shit happens, i did think i was on the money but someone obviously thought more of the domain then me so good on them.

i have a long list of handreg doms i want ( in an excel doc) so i console myself by going off and hand regging a few of them instead.

what do you do?

tim

Same thing happened with me. Thing is you never know how much you were outbid by.

Can't believe you let bridalcouture.com.au slip through your fingers Tim. That's a great name.

Funny thing is after the auction I also went back to my hand regs to see what to register. :)

findtim

Top Contributor
Same thing happened with me. Thing is you never know how much you were outbid by.

Can't believe you let bridalcouture.com.au slip through your fingers Tim. That's a great name.

Funny thing is after the auction I also went back to my hand regs to see what to register. :)

outbid by..... thats right.

yeh it was a good name, but i almost didn't bid as my mantra is i need to have a business plan before purchase so it only popped for me with 5 mins to go, but i guess it was just not for me today, and thats no blight on the new owner i'm sure they will do very well from it. note: i was willing to purchase so it wasn't a case of bumping the price up.

in hindsight i probably should have gone to @ $900 as a proxy on that domain, funnily there was a bridal expo today http://www.bridalexpos.com.au/ , wouldn't that be great........... buy the domain for $201 and then sell it 30mins later for $4K at the expo, :D

i just have so much on now i am really picking my "ball parks" these days, if something lands in my lap all cool but honestly there is soooooooo much opportunity out there that nobody can do it all.

see i look at it from a dev point of view so the "buy.hold,sell" guys have an advantage as i don't want to do that, likewise i have an advantage as i can dev and possibly make larger returns, its just what "floats ya boat"

bottom line is this industry is vibrant and thats what i love about it even when i get betten

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor

what do you do?

Wait for something else. Spending money on reg fees isn't the solution.

see i look at it from a dev point of view so the "buy.hold,sell" guys have an advantage as i don't want to do that,

If they are outbidding those with development plans then I'd say they have a distinct disadvantage. Sometimes the winner is the guy who doesn't get it.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo