1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unauthorised ACN usage

Discussion in 'Netfleet.com.au' started by morganp, May 12, 2016.

1. johno69

johno69 Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I don't think Tim meant it in that way (fraudulent).

I have a company that is trading and I have not as yet created a letterhead. Should the need arise, i'll be clicking right on the Photoshop icon in my quick launch bar and whipping one up.

I'm not sure how else i'd actually go about it.

nt81 and Scott7 like this.
  2. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Pleased to report that Morgan's issues have been addressed by Netfleet and auDA. All those domains are now in PD.

As I mentioned previously, there was another scammer out there doing the same thing with another company's details. I managed to speak with the owner of this business yesterday, and he was gobsmacked that 15 domains had been registered in their name.

Full story on Domainer.

Scott7, eBranding.com.au and findtim like this.
  3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Agree, that is a silly method of trying to verify something. Anyone who is actually looking to steal something could easily make one up.

4. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    This scammer has finally also been dealt with. He managed to rack up 30 domains using ACN of a Brisbane based small business. Hat tip to Nikki from Netfleet for following through and getting these policy deleted. Full story on Domainer.

We will never stop the scammers, but hopefully we can disrupt a few along the way! By my estimation, this particular person lost at least $2100.

5. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

If Netfleet are going to work towards getting their own customers names deleted then they should be issuing a refund. They've taken that money and now they'll be re-auctioning those names again. It is highly unethical for Netfleet to be profiting from a situation like that. If the activity is illegal then Netfleet shouldn't be profiting from illegal activities.

It is not much better than revolving door registrations of a couple of years ago where Netfleet would constantly re-auction the same names knowing they would get deleted after the sale.

I'd like to see Netfleet state what has happened with the money from these sales.

Scott7, topflight and findtim like this.
  6. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Googlr.com.au is on the list of dropping domains promoted on today's Netfleet email, and it's also listed as a 'Headline Maker' on their website. To me, this gives the impression to new domainers that it's OK to register names like this.

7. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    did i see godaddy as well?