1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial to deny access to users of ad-blockers

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by atom, Jun 29, 2016.

1. atom

atom Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    News Corp is trialling blocking access to content for users of ad-blockers.

"News Corp has followed through on its plans to block users of ad-blockers with pop-ups, suggesting users need to subscribe or white-list the website to access the content."

https://mumbrella.com.au/news-corp-rolls-trial-block-users-ad-blockers-376864

Maybe they could trial using less annoying ads... It'll be interesting to see if it affects their traffic, it's not as if the content can't be found elsewhere.

chris and DomainNames like this.
  2. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

You know what I can;t stand is pop ups. Join us on facebook, subscribe to our newsletter. PO already. If you;re content is good I will come back and I will let you put a cookie on my browser for remarketing. That's all I am offering.

News.com.au has gone to the dogs. I've stopped visiting it though I use to regularly visit it. The content is so shit boring now it is beyond a joke.

I mostly use abc and google news for news now.

3. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    This ^^^

What's around the corner?

atom likes this.