1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

top domain sales list needs to include gst

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by DomainNames, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

Wasn't Fridges.com.au a standard catalogue listing?

So Paul, did you pay GST when you didn't need to?

This is quite confusing. We broker Domain Active domains, and use Netfleet amongst other outlets to generate sales. As above, I thought Netfleet standard catalogue listings included GST - Sorry to ask again but David can you clarify? Should we be charging GST on top of an agreed standard catalogue listing purchase price?

Andrew

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  2. cherrytron

cherrytron Membership: VIP

It seems so Andrew ...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

May I suggest DROP.com.au and Netfleet.com.au make all sales inclusive of gst? Why did you change it and add gst on top for your auction drop sales ? We have bought lots of names and now know to budget for 10% on top for the GST ( which goes to the tax office anyway so no one is profiting by charging it anyway)

EBAY auctions include GST for this very reason. so I think all netfleet and drop auctions, catalogue sales, snap, transfers , sales should change to this format ( they dont add it on later as drop and netfleet.com.au do http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/polic...additional 10% to cover the gst mandatory tax

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011