What's new

Top 10 Sold at Drop Status

pacifier

Did a little research to see what happens with the domains sold at top prices and it was nice to find out that 6 out of 10 are either developed or coming soon

Top 10 Domain Sales, Sold, Status
Wines.com.au, $19,000, parked
CarParts.com.au, $18,011, coming soon
CreditCard.net.au , $15,001, server maintenance till 24 Oct
Maternity.com.au, $11,111, not resolving
BlueMountains.com.au, $10,555, working website
CaravanParks.com.au, $10,100, coming soon
Printing.com.au, $9,221, working website
GolfCourse.com.au, $7,777, coming soon
Calculator.com.au , $6,509, not resolving
MotorHomes.com.au, $5,556, working website

snoopy

Top Contributor
Did a little research to see what happens with the domains sold at top prices and it was nice to find out that 6 out of 10 are either developed or coming soon

Top 10 Domain Sales, Sold, Status
Wines.com.au, $19,000, parked
CarParts.com.au, $18,011, coming soon
CreditCard.net.au , $15,001, server maintenance till 24 Oct
Maternity.com.au, $11,111, not resolving
BlueMountains.com.au, $10,555, working website
CaravanParks.com.au, $10,100, coming soon
Printing.com.au, $9,221, working website
GolfCourse.com.au, $7,777, coming soon
Calculator.com.au , $6,509, not resolving
MotorHomes.com.au, $5,556, working website

Bluemountains.com.au is a redirect and Printing.com.au looks to be a MFA site. The only domain I would call developed is motorhomes.com.au.

James

Top Contributor
Yeah 301 redirect on Blue Mountains, but their main site seems to rank for all the blue mountains keywords any way.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Printing.com.au looks to be a MFA site.
And ugly MFA at that.

Also why is it that when I put in site: printing.com.au into Google I don't get any results?

Deindexed? Penalised? or have I messed up?

Last edited:

WG2010

Archived Member
And ugly MFA at that.

Also why is it that when I put in site: printing.com.au into Google I don't get any results?

Deindexed? Penalised? or have I messed up?

You're right; site command returns the following.

Your search - site:printing.com.au - did not match any documents.

Robots.txt isn't blocking google bot either. Wonder what the situation is?

WG2010

Archived Member
No inbound links would stop it from being crawled...

Not a chance in this day and age and anyway, the daily drop list is indexed by Google from tonnes of sites; it's going to visit the site at one point and return at a later date.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Is it possible Google has slapped this site silly because it's essentially entirely duplication content?

I couldn't find any original content on the site.

WG2010

Archived Member
Straight from their mouth.

Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results. If your site suffers from duplicate content issues, and you don't follow the advice listed above, we do a good job of choosing a version of the content to show in our search results.

However, if our review indicated that you engaged in deceptive practices and your site has been removed from our search results, review your site carefully. If your site has been removed from our search results, review our Webmaster Guidelines for more information. Once you've made your changes and are confident that your site no longer violates our guidelines, submit your site for reconsideration.

I doubt the dupe content is the issue as it happens everywhere. It's probably something else but what, I don't know.

Last edited:

Honan

Top Contributor
Straight from their mouth.

Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results. If your site suffers from duplicate content issues, and you don't follow the advice listed above, we do a good job of choosing a version of the content to show in our search results.

However, if our review indicated that you engaged in deceptive practices and your site has been removed from our search results, review your site carefully. If your site has been removed from our search results, review our Webmaster Guidelines for more information. Once you've made your changes and are confident that your site no longer violates our guidelines, submit your site for reconsideration.

I doubt the dupe content is the issue as it happens everywhere. It's probably something else but what, I don't know.

I believe that this is referring to "duplicate" as in the same content appearing on the same site more than once. The content is duplicated on the one site.

MFA sites have unoriginal content and you can certainly get de-indexed for having nothing but content copied/sourced from other sites
They just don't call it duplicate content

WG2010

Archived Member
I believe that this is referring to "duplicate" as in the same content appearing on the same site more than once. The content is duplicated on the one site.

MFA sites have unoriginal content and you can certainly get de-indexed for having nothing but content copied/sourced from other sites
They just don't call it duplicate content

My interpretation is that it's not just talking about dupe content on ones own site such as http://dupecontent.com/dupe-article and http://www.dupecontent.com/dupe-article but also if I just go to printing.com and copy/paste their articles onto my own printing.com.au domain name.

If they don't call copy/paste jobs duplicate content then what? Stealing? One mans thief is another mans syndicator. There's plenty of legitimate reasons to do it and that doesn't result in being deindexed. Look at all the news sites that use AP feed for their sites, that content is everywhere to be found.

I'm not saying that's what has happened here, it may well be the case but even still, it just doesn't occur that often to worry about it on domains you're not using for the long term.

Last edited:

James

Top Contributor
Printing.com.au has ripped most of their content from FT.com and Ezinearticles, two sites which are crawled by goolge highly on a daily basis very stupid.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Printing.com.au has ripped most of their content from FT.com and Ezinearticles, two sites which are crawled by goolge highly on a daily basis very stupid.
I've placed popular article directory articles on AU domains that rank for some long tail stuff and produce traffic. Nothing compared to original content off course, but I don't think there is anything wrong with where your source your dupe content from as long as that's not the only thing on your site.

WG2010

Archived Member

It's not ripping or stealing in any way, shape or form. If you submit your article to EzineArticles, you give the right for it to be republished elsewhere. It's one of the great reasons to use their site.

James

Top Contributor
I've placed popular article directory articles on AU domains that rank for some long tail stuff and produce traffic. Nothing compared to original content off course, but I don't think there is anything wrong with where your source your dupe content from as long as that's not the only thing on your site.

By all means go copy content from FT.com...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo