• I can't decide?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer the .info

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Top Contributor
Considering - ProjectLife.com sold for $75,000 a few years ago I would say yes.

findtim

Top Contributor
if you have a plan, then $87k is a bargain.
i know a guy that gets paid $150K per year just to read the newspapers and government journals/websites, looking for projects the company that employs him wants contracts for.
ONE project can be worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
i think its like "seek com au"
if you are going to hold onto it, then its still a bargain because someone WILL WANT it eventually.
but this website
Code:
http://www.purple.com/
hasn't changed or been sold ( i think) since i first saw it in 2001 ! so how long do you wait?
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hundreds of people in the auction so I'd say the price is probably right. For someone buying this the price suggests they would need to be working on an endusers price of 400k+ plus which is fairly long odds in my view.

Considering - ProjectLife.com sold for $75,000 a few years ago I would say yes.
Someone overpaid. Doesn't make this cheap.

snoopy

Top Contributor
if you have a plan, then $87k is a bargain.
i know a guy that gets paid $150K per year just to read the newspapers and government journals/websites, looking for projects the company that employs him wants contracts for.
ONE project can be worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
i think its like "seek com au"

I very much doubt anyone had a plan beyond parking and waiting for a buyer. Ditto for just about any domain auction.

if you are going to hold onto it, then its still a bargain because someone WILL WANT it eventually.
but this website
Code:
http://www.purple.com/
hasn't changed or been sold ( i think) since i first saw it in 2001 ! so how long do you wait?
tim

Typical wait time for name like this I think is 50+ years I think. Of course that depends on how high a price the person wants. If you owned 100 names like this though I think the domain owner would be selling 1-2 names a year at "really good prices".

findtim

Top Contributor
Typical wait time for name like this I think is 50+ years I think.
i'm struggling to see the domain name industry lasting another 50 years !
i can't see that something better won't be created within that time frame given the last 50yrs progression.
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
i'm struggling to see the domain name industry lasting another 50 years !
i can't see that something better won't be created within that time frame given the last 50yrs progression.
tim

I don't think it matters much, if you have 100 names and sell 1-2 per year as long as the pricing is right it will be quite profitable. If the market doesn't exist in 30 years then you'll have a lot of names to drop at the end.

James

Top Contributor
Someone overpaid. Doesn't make this cheap.
It is like with any asset you need a comparison point, this was one comparison point. It is like when you get a property valued they compare the 5-10 most relevant properties in your area which similar attributes.

This domain would be very nice for some type of CRM projects software.

snoopy

Top Contributor
It is like with any asset you need a comparison point, this was one comparison point. It is like when you get a property valued they compare the 5-10 most relevant properties in your area which similar attributes.

This domain would be very nice for some type of CRM projects software.

$75,000 for ProjectLife.com is an outlier, not a comparison point.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member