csi.com.au $223.00
bills.net.au $112.00
dogtrainingschool.com.au $112.00
springboard.com.au $106.00
perthsearchengineoptimisation.com.au $88.00
digitalmagazines.com.au $56.00
lawfirmsydney.com.au $51.00

All snapped by Netfleet...

I found it interesting that FuturesTrading went for $940... Really don't understand the logic to that :confused:

neddy

Top Contributor
I found it interesting that FuturesTrading went for $940... Really don't understand the logic to that :confused:

Why? Did you put the term into Google? If you didn't, have a look. :) Forex and currency trading; derivatives, futures and share trading etc are all popular.

It also has a local monthly phrase search of 1900 @ a CPC of $11.07

Nathan

Why? Did you put the term into Google? If you didn't, have a look. :) Forex and currency trading; derivatives, futures and share trading etc are all popular.

It also has a local monthly phrase search of 1900 @ a CPC of $11.07

Actually, Future Trading get's 1,900 a month it look likes Futures Trading gets 4,400 but still with that logic, Bills get searched 165,000 a month and the .net.au went for $112.....

PS I did bid for bills.net.au but had a meeting and missed it by $61 :(

Last edited:

Mat

lifesinsurance.com.au $290.00

All snapped by Netfleet...

I found it puzzling that lifesinsurance.com.au sold for so much (imho). Did the bidders not see the "s" after life? It gets zip in terms of searches, so why did it get so much?

joe

Top Contributor
Also consider the potential lifetime value of the type of client you could attract with a nicely developed site on futures trading .com.au

I know some finance folks for have paid more for less, in terms of GKT metrics, anyway.

Nathan

I found it puzzling that lifesinsurance.com.au sold for so much (imho). Did the bidders not see the "s" after life? It gets zip in terms of searches, so why did it get so much?

I thought the same thing....

You're looking on 'Board' match type. It's only 1,300 Exact searches. See here:
http://www.dntrade.com.au/google-adwords-keyword-tool-gakt-t3638.html

'Phrase' and 'Exact' are the match types to look at, I ignore 'Broad' all together...

Of course, sorry about that... Anyways same logic still apply.... Why pay $940 for a .com.au searched nearly the same amount of times per month as the.net.au that went for $112?? Because the CPC is higher? [FuturesTrading.com.au is 1900 while Bills is 1,400] Google.com.au will rank .com.au and .net.au higher than any TLD because of the country, only on google.com.au of course.

Even if your .net.au comes under .com.au it's still going to get traffic, people still read at least the first page of google's search results.

joe

Top Contributor
not just the cpc but the commercial intent. I have no idea what bills.net.au could target but it's clear what futurestrading.com.au would be about

Shane

Top Contributor
You can't compare futurestrading.com.au with bills.net.au.

Forget about the number of local searches and CPC etc. Even if 'bills' was getting ten times the searches as 'futures trading' I would still prefer the later.

People searching for 'futures trading' will be searching for something very specific that can be relatively easily monetized.

'Bills' on the other hand is very broad and vague. What is someone who types 'bills' into Google really searching for? How are you going to make money out of it? If it was a com.au then there's the potential for some branding, but being a net.au you can't even do that.

Newbie domainers need to lay off the Google KWT and start considering how a domain will actually make money, because ultimately that's what determines a domain's value.

PS. I wouldn't pay reg fee for bills.net.au...

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
"Futures Trading" is highly targeted and also profitable online, whilst "bills" is very board - is it legislation, someone called Bill, a birds bill, paying a bill?

joe

Top Contributor
another thing to consider is despite the GKT reporting "bills" getting 1300 exact with a cpc of $13, there is zero competition for the keyword meaning you'd be unlikely to get much per adsense click. The long tail for +bills isn't all that impressive either.

neddy

Top Contributor
you can't compare futurestrading.com.au with bills.net.au.

Forget about the number of local searches and cpc etc. Even if 'bills' was getting ten times the searches as 'futures trading' i would still prefer the later.

People searching for 'futures trading' will be searching for something very specific that can be relatively easily monetized.

'bills' on the other hand is very broad and vague. What is someone who types 'bills' into google really searching for? How are you going to make money out of it? If it was a com.au then there's the potential for some branding, but being a net.au you can't even do that.

Newbie domainers need to lay off the google kwt and start considering how a domain will actually make money, because ultimately that's what determines a domain's value.

Ps. I wouldn't pay reg fee for bills.net.au...

+100 ;)

Nathan

You can't compare futurestrading.com.au with bills.net.au.

Forget about the number of local searches and CPC etc. Even if 'bills' was getting ten times the searches as 'futures trading' I would still prefer the later.

'Bills' on the other hand is very broad and vague. What is someone who types 'bills' into Google really searching for? How are you going to make money out of it? If it was a com.au then there's the potential for some branding, but being a net.au you can't even do that.

Newbie domainers need to lay off the Google KWT and start considering how a domain will actually make money, because ultimately that's what determines a domain's value.

PS. I wouldn't pay reg fee for bills.net.au...

Thanks for your feedback; I agree with most of the points, however I don't believe a .net.au can't be branded, in relation to the Google KWT, it's only a tool not something you should solely go off, I was using it for referencing.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member