What's new

today we registered ladiesgym.com.au

segator

Top Contributor
We registered ladiesgym.com.au

We believe the generic words could assist to offset Fernwood Fitness & Curves (both ladies only gym) from top spot.

Your thoughts please?

coreyg

Top Contributor

segator

Top Contributor
Hi Corey,
We think it might be worth around $800-$1K or as per your appraisal $2,100.
Keep you posted.
Cheers!

coreyg

Top Contributor
if you developed the name with a professional style website that would add value.

just to clarify some terms

The definition of market value is "the estimated amount for which a property should exchange on the date of valuation between a willing buyer and a willing seller in an arms-length transaction after proper marketing wherein the parties had each acted knowledgeably, prudently, and without compulsion."

Distinctions drawn between Market Value and Market Price

Market value is a concept distinct from market price, which is “the price at which one can transact”, while market value is “the true underlying value”. The concept is most commonly invoked in inefficient markets or disequilibrium situations where prevailing market prices are not reflective of true underlying market value. For market price to equal market value, the market must be informationally efficient and rational expectations must prevail.

Source: Valuer, Valuation, Appraiser, Auctioneer, Broker @ http://www.rhas.com.au/

Cheers
Corey

joe

Top Contributor
It probably wouldn't take too much to get this on the first page for the exact match (and +geo terms) but the top results are well known brands with a lot of authority which I think would be difficult to overcome. Combined with minimal volume/ad competition for such phrases, I don't think the returns would be worth the required investment in development/promotion.

How would it be monetised? I don't think adsense would work very well, perhaps affiliate/referral or direct ad sales?

I wouldn't pay reg fee for this name, and the fact it was unregistered suggests just about everyone else in the market would agree. Not sure how either of you can think it's worth anywhere in the realm of $500-$2000 considering the calibre of names that sell in that range.

neddy

Top Contributor
I appraise ladiesgym.com.au at $2,100

• Over 37,800,000 results -
@ http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&cp=....,cf.osb&fp=7ece50989aed7ca2&biw=1366&bih=639

Corey, I'm really not sure how you come up with these appraisals? :confused: The term has 0 EXACTS, and only 720 PHRASE search.

I wouldn't pay reg fee for this name, and the fact it was unregistered suggests just about everyone else in the market would agree. Not sure how either of you can think it's worth anywhere in the realm of $500-$2000 considering the calibre of names that sell in that range.

I have to agree. But I could be wrong - so why not try the Netfleet Aftermarket Auction - you might get lucky. :)

joe

Top Contributor
I use my years of study, experience in Property, Real Estate, Property Valuation and Strata Management in giving domain appraisals

What about looking at what domains actually sell for?

the term "ladies gym" has "About 37,800,000 results" as stated by google @ http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&cp=...6&bih=639&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&cad=b

"Life insurance quotes" has about 36,200,000 results, I guess it must be almost as good as "ladies gym". Please elaborate on the connection between number of pages that may somehow mention something somewhat related to a phrase and the value of that phrase?

You couldn't pay reg fee as the name is already registered

"Reg fee" means the cost of registration, i.e. about $20. I have plenty of rubbish names I'd happily sell for $20, but I would not buy this domain for that much.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Distinctions drawn between Market Value and Market Price[/B]

Market value is a concept distinct from market price, which is “the price at which one can transact”, while market value is “the true underlying value”. The concept is most commonly invoked in inefficient markets or disequilibrium situations where prevailing market prices are not reflective of true underlying market value.

Sound familiar, snoopy?

johno69

Top Contributor
You couldn't pay reg fee as the name is already registered

But until yesterday nobody wanted it. And now just because someone scraped the bottom of the barrell doesn't make it worth 100x reg fee.

I wouldn't have registered this had I known it was available. so to me it's not worth the $20 you spent.

James

Top Contributor
womens gym is a better keyword, but from some analysis I can see that ladies Gym does got some volume, yet the keyword tool is not that accurate for some terms which see less then 100 searches month on month.

I think the name is worth registering you just need to make it into like a directory or something for ladies gyms.

Kind Regards,

James Norquay

segator

Top Contributor
womens gym is a better keyword, but from some analysis I can see that ladies Gym does got some volume, yet the keyword tool is not that accurate for some terms which see less then 100 searches month on month.

I think the name is worth registering you just need to make it into like a directory or something for ladies gyms.

Kind Regards,

James Norquay

Hi James,
Thank you for your insights.:)

zhenjie

Top Contributor
425,000 results for "ladies gym". NICE pickup! I would say on a 10% valuation of results-to-dollar ratio this is potentially worth $42,500. You'll definitely get a lot of calls for this one too if marketed right.

James

Top Contributor
425,000 results for "ladies gym". NICE pickup! I would say on a 10% valuation of results-to-dollar ratio this is potentially worth $42,500. You'll definitely get a lot of calls for this one too if marketed right.

93,000 from Australian based sites.

Shane

Top Contributor

I usually work on a 20% figure, so I reckon $80k+! ;)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I usually work on a 20% figure, so I reckon $80k+! ;)
What's with new domainers these days... so many of them just see dollars figures and are in complete denial of market realities. It's better to be conservative with your valuations - anything more than 15% is just ridiculous, even a 10% figure is only appropriate if you know how to negotiate.

:cool:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members