What's new

To Kill a Hummingbird

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Google goes scraper with Hummingbird update

http://bit.ly/19Lo7UW

Google announced today their latest update to their search engine - Hummingbird. Google's PR team calls the move "significant" and says it will impact 90% of search queries, which if true is an insane amount and a massive change. Google on what will be changing with Hummingbird: [Hummingbird will] give better answers to the increasingly complex questions posed by Web surfers.

http://bit.ly/19Lo7UW

James

Top Contributor
Love the final quote in that article. :D

I assume Hummingbird hasn't rolled out in Australia yet? I've tried a few of the same searches here and I'm not getting any of the additional info as per the examples.

Yeah I cant see too much of an impact here as yet, but it will probably come soon.

CyberClick

Top Contributor
As Google are admitting they simply rip this content from others they're walking on very thin ground in terms of copyright, monopolies and anti-trust.

If they push it too far, I expect laws will be amended to kill it. If it gains enough momentum major content providers could band together, block Google and start licensing their content solely through rivals such as Yahoo, etc.

Interesting to see how it plays out.

findtim

Top Contributor
[Hummingbird will] give better answers to the increasingly complex questions posed by Web surfers.

like " where the F did my website go"?
" why am I now on page 5 "?
" why is there now only 3 organic listings for this search term and the rest are ads & place links to businesses that no longer exist"

that's a good start I think !

tim

CyberClick

Top Contributor
I'm beginning to dislike Google's massive internet dominance and monopoly.

Google started struggling approx 3 years ago and this is an another attempt to try and retain their monopoly. Like Microsoft and many others before them they all have their time in the sun. With moves like this, Google will continue to leak market share.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo