Timmy

Banned
Hey guys,

I know I ask a lot of questions haha

BUT.

Keen on everyone's opinions about top level domains that make up keywords;

Examp.le
Keywor.ds

I've heard rumours that Google is going to be kinder to these than .com - though I can't find too many articles about it.

Cheers,

Timmah!

Last edited:

Timmy

Banned
hehe yeah I've reg'd a few, just curious as to whether people think they are even worth reg fee or worth spending time developing.

I own about 30 of them, going to do an initial test with HarleyDavidsonMotorcycl.es and go from there. (8088 daily exacts - at least that's what Market Samurai is spitting out)

Also starting a hobby blog @ MMANE.WS - loving ufc at the moment.

Cheers,

Tim.

montecristo

Top Contributor
LOL

huge.co.ck ---> 'available

geesus Timmy, can't take you anywhere! :)

I'm a bit sceptical about the whole "using extensions to form part of the word" thing, as reading more into it, I wouldn't of thought it offered too much more than gimmic value.

Having said that, curiosity got the better of Master Card.

oilpric.es
goldpric.es

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
ne.ws

li.es

i have 3dne.ws and worldne.ws

please note this type of domain is called a domain hack , there are major hacks and minor hacks

worldne.ws = major
will.i.am = minor

as for timmys hack ................well what would your mother say !

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
We registered

biga.my
gloo.my
pig.my

Although the latter is a typo hack (should be pyg.my). In fact, Malaysia being a Muslim country, the authorities deleted it from us due to the whole pork thing...

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
so if no one here has sold one that means they are worth nothing , is that what your saying ? i did supply a link that has sales in a discussion about this topic , did you read the link

Honan

Top Contributor
so if no one here has sold one that means they are worth nothing , is that what your saying ? i did supply a link that has sales in a discussion about this topic , did you read the link

I give up
You win
ok?
I am familiar with the 47 page NP thread
I like the way that some posts claim the 2 letter .de sedo auctions as evidence of good prices for hacks.
Please don't mistake me for someone who cares.
I repeat
I give up
I broke my own promise that I would ever appraise anything
I remember now why I made that promise

Jonathan

Top Contributor
Actually, I'm with Joe on this one. While there will be exceptions, I think the vast majority of 'domain hacks' (is that what we're calling them now?) are pretty much worthless. I can't see why I'd ever buy one, anyway. They are not keyword rich (search engines don't know what to make of them), and I think offline branding would be a nightmare.

There's a reason why del.icio.us is now www.delicious.com.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo