What's new

Time to Vote

Lemon

Top Contributor
It's that time of year again and now I have the problem of who to vote for. We need change on the board however that can only be achieved with a strong candidate backed by the majority.

If I recall last time we had a strong candidate they lost by only a few votes and dntrade played an important part in their support. This time all is quiet...

So who is it to be?

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Hi Lemon,

I've run for the auDA board for a number of years and have had that support of DNT. In fact this time my nomination was proposed by Chris Burgess (who owns DNT) and Ed Smith (also a domain name investor). So I suspect that you may be referring to me in your earlier post.

I've reached out to a number of people in Demand Class and yes, it does seem very quiet.

Feel free to send me a PM and we can have a chat.

findtim

Top Contributor
I've voted, of course I won't mention who for.

one thing that has struck me soundly through the process is the arrogance of the present people in auda to assume I can tick their box without knowing anything about what they stand for !

some candidates have sent me emails, some have even phoned me, maybe my little vote doesn't matter? but I have been told for 2 years on DNT that it does.

time for change, and how dare I say that with only being a member for a short period of time, maybe that was the reason for joining?

i'm just new to this, I didn't know this process existed 2 years ago until I joined dnt, but I do see now how my vote does count.

tim

Every vote is important - I once lost an election by 3 votes....

A candidate who ignores the members and doesn't make an effort, takes members for granted.

There has been a positive change over the past 12 months, we have had one of the single biggest turnover of directors. There were 3 new directors elected at the last election, it is possible that this might happen again.

We now have 2 DNTrade members on the board, which gives us representation. 5 years ago this was a pipe dream, but it was because DNTrade members became active that change came about.

When it comes to policy, it is critically important that DnTrade members apply to join panels. I believe the Names Policy Panel is being convened next year, this is one of the single most important policies effecting members.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Every vote is important - I once lost an election by 3 votes....

A candidate who ignores the members and doesn't make an effort, takes members for granted.

There has been a positive change over the past 12 months, we have had one of the single biggest turnover of directors. There were 3 new directors elected at the last election, it is possible that this might happen again.

We now have 2 DNTrade members on the board, which gives us representation. 5 years ago this was a pipe dream, but it was because DNTrade members became active that change came about.

When it comes to policy, it is critically important that DnTrade members apply to join panels. I believe the Names Policy Panel is being convened next year, this is one of the single most important policies effecting members.

Just reading some old posts by auDA Board Directors.. This one stands out as do many others.

We rarely see or hear from any Directors anymore.. including those we voted in...Hopefully this will improve quickly...Now we have the same people on the board who complained so much previously and pushed for us to vote them in..Tim, Simon, Erhan..Guys come on get serious and speak up when you know all the wrong things going on at auDA.. Do the right thing.

Quote "A candidate who ignores the members and doesn't make an effort, takes members for granted."

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member