1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

TikToks.com - Melbourne Teens offered offered $US145,000

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Fitness, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Fitness

Fitness Membership: Community

News.com.au article today praising Melbourne teens Fotios Tsiouklas and Alan Gokoglu, digital agency raking in the big bucks.
    They bought domain name "www.TikToks.com" six months ago for $2,000, to setup a growth service to capitalise on social media platform TikTok.com - They’ve recently been offered $US145,000 for it. In case you don't know, TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance. The TikTok trademark dates back to April 2018.

I can't help but think this will all end in tears... just like the poor saps who registered Facebok.com, Facebooks.com and had to had
    them over as a result of a UDRP. How many times have you seen a plural domain name, that clearly infringes on an existing business?
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...s/news-story/e4985577ee76d524922101ffe651182b

Scott7, Horshack and geodomains like this.
  2. Data Glasses

Data Glasses Membership: VIP

Whilst you are no doubt correct, it's a little hard to feel sorry for Chinese Company's (you know the stealing of tech and all that stuff) I would happily take the money and run

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

$145,000 offer is little doubt fake as is most of the story in my view.

These guys look to have bought a 2nd hand BMW on credit and that is what the headline should say.