What's new

Thoughts?

Hi All
Brand new to the site :) My wife is no longer running her cake business...and were looking to sell on the domains, but have no ideas if you all think they are worth anything.
wickedcake.com
wickedcake.com.au
I have done a bit of research...wickedcakes.com is currently selling on godaddy for just under $4000.
Thoughts? And where how do i go about selling it?

Scott7

Top Contributor
Put up a for sale page on the domains using a site that provides them for free, such as Bodis.com
You could then just wait for someone to come along and make you an offer.

Otherwise, you could contact companies that may potentially want to buy the domains, like cjswickedcakes.com.au, wickedberries.com.au, wickedcake.co.uk, wickedcakegames.com, wickedgoodcupcakes.com, wickedcakesofsavannah.com, curiouslywicked.net, etc. The non .com.au sites would most likely only be interested in the .com

All the best with it.

findtim

Top Contributor
i've said it before, "we need a wiki" , same question, same answers.
currently selling on godaddy......
lets get the term correct "currently HOPING to sell for ....."

your .com is probably your only hope of money.

i think scott7 has done some good ground work for you with outbound ideas, basically thats what you need to do, also snoopy is right $zero , now what you have to do is weigh up time v potential $ purchase..........or just kiss it goodbye.
one thing is for sure its not going to come inbound on a parked platform imo.

its not a geo, its a brandable, the thing you have on your side is its shorter then what others have registered, so find EVERYONE of them and send an email, catch22........you are then on their radar for you dropping it but THEY will not win on the .com drops so push that, someone else will pick it up as they don't know how to do it most likely.

vision...... i see Chinese writing on this domain in the near future !

in the end i suggest you take what you can get.
-------------------------
alternative strategy: OMG the domain points to facebook !, bad bad bad, .....lets move on.... who was your wifes competitors? locally? if she did wedding cakes thats at least $300+ per cake and she's now dropped out of the game ? so that trade has to go to someone else, surely there are TWO others that will benefit from her retiring? so maybe you grab some figures and treat it as an online business sale and not a domain sale, how many orders were placed from online activities?

$300 x ?orders = $xxxxx ?
offer THAT potential LEAD capture , pitch them against each other, ONE CAKE every 2 months for just 1 year = $1800 minus costs = $1000 NET and you know they are going to get more !

so the value is in how good can you sell?

i have a client that does @ 200 wedding cakes a year from his website, his domain name is worse then yours ! its not the name , its the brand and the revenue.

tim

Put up a for sale page on the domains using a site that provides them for free, such as Bodis.com
OMG the domain points to facebook !, bad bad bad,
Done! :) ...so made the change to Bodis..just waiting for it to update. We had a separate website that we used and then swapped it to the Facebook page when she started winding down. Now we have even shut down the Facebook page as she was still getting inquiries.
Otherwise, you could contact companies that may potentially want to buy the domains, like cjswickedcakes.com.au, wickedberries.com.au, wickedcake.co.uk, wickedcakegames.com, wickedgoodcupcakes.com, wickedcakesofsavannah.com, curiouslywicked.net, etc. The non .com.au sites would most likely only be interested in the .com
Great idea!...i might send off a few emails...see if i get any response.
if she did wedding cakes thats at least $300+ per cake and she's now dropped out of the game ? so that trade has to go to someone else, surely there are TWO others that will benefit from her retiring? so maybe you grab some figures and treat it as an online business sale and not a domain sale, how many orders were placed from online activities?
We talked about the idea of selling the business, but as she rightly put it...she was the business...so she cant on-sell her skills. It was only a part time business while she was working part time, doing 1-3 cakes a week ($100 - 600 depending on the cake). Now that she is working full time she cant do it anymore.

snoopy

Top Contributor
It was only a part time business while she was working part time, doing 1-3 cakes a week ($100 - 600 depending on the cake). Now that she is working full time she cant do it anymore.

This that is part of the problem with a name like this. Anyone who is potentially interesting is likely to be a small or micro business. e.g. if the name was available I could imagine someone else eventually registering it in .com but the chance of anyone paying a premium to acquire it is very slim in my view.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo