What's new

Thoughts on foreign language pages

helloworld

Top Contributor
What are peoples thoughts about creating pages specifically for another language i.e. in Chinese hanzi 汉字 etc

Also would duplicate content be an issue in this instance?

While I am here...Does anyone have experience with Baidu seo and ppc?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Currently working on global site which supports many languages, with some countries supporting multiple options (ie. Canada has English & French Canadian). The content is so different, that I highly doubt it would be regarded as duplicate.

If possible I'd try and put the whole site on a subdomain though, rather than translating just a single page.

James

Top Contributor
We share an office space with the company - http://www.chinakey.com.au/

They specalise in Chinese marketing - landing pages, content marketing ect and also own a series of Chinese web properties.

Best way to do Chinese content on your site is to have local copywriters do it, it would be very risky to trust online translation.

Have run some Baidu ads in the past, it is a different beast compared to Google, Baidu SEO is also very spammy.

nt81

Top Contributor
What are peoples thoughts about creating pages specifically for another language i.e. in Chinese hanzi 汉字 etc

Also would duplicate content be an issue in this instance?

I watched a Google video on this the other day.

If you set the google language value for the page / site, apparently that doesn't count as duplicate content.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo