1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

The War on 'Free' Clicks. [Infographic]

Discussion in 'Resources & Success Stories' started by Blue Wren, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

2. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP

'For highly commercial keywords almost 2/3 of clicks go to sponsored links'

That is pure craziness! And at the rate Google is filling above the fold with more ads I'd suggest that the percentage is only going to increase...

3. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    someone told me that they are experimenting with placing 4 adwords slots above organics, i think uk was the target, anyone confirm that?

if they do that then organic will cease to exist as an option.

tim

4. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Think it is a good thing personally if true. Why should google give traffic away to commercial entities and why should sites be ranked according to some mystical method that people are constantly trying to game. PPC results in the most efficient converters rising to the top and that is good for advertisers and probably consumers.

5. whiterabit

whiterabit Membership: Community

Its almost like 'research' clicks (5 w's) are free and 'commercial' clicks will have to be paid for...