1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

The Recent Registrations Thread

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by paz, Feb 4, 2009.

1. wafers

wafers Membership: Community

Just Reg'd:

3dmeeting.com.au
    3dconference.com.au
    PersonalLoanInterestRates.com.au - deving
    CompoundInterest.com.au - deving

Oh and Timmy, you might want to watch out on Yugioh.com.au - Listed on the auDA Misspellings list

http://www.auda.org.au/document.php?documentid=1022

2. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Thanks Wafers, learn something new every day haha - another $20 wasted rofl.

3. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Picked up UsedMotorcyclesForSale.com.au today, 5500 exacts. Might be a tough cookie to rank though looking at #1

4. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

i am very suprised these two hacks were up for grabs ?

did they drop ?

5. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Congrats - that's one of the best hand-reg's I've seen in a while. Well done

6. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Nope, apparently they just recently relaxed the .pe and .rs extensions. For RS you need a Serbian Administration Contact - Instra.com has employees :)

It took some searching but I got what I wanted - also the $99 USD per year registration fee probably puts a lot of people off too considering values of 'hack sales' aren't huge.... Yet!

UsedCa.rs just came through this morning :) Over 1m exacts per day apparently so plenty of traffic in all 3 industries.

Development plans are;
    Vouche.rs = unknown at this stage (Every Ounce Counts is growing fast and could maybe use a re-brand in future as a lot of people assume we are weight-loss.)
    Horosco.pe = going to rally some contributors and put Joomla site with vBulletin Forum for stickiness (create and flip)
    UsedCa.rs = Global Used Car Classifieds site with Auction capabilities - on the hunt at the moment finding automotive blogs and forums with cheap traffic for sale.

All sites will be 'fun and 2.0-ish' with an emphasis on social media interaction - a lot of work and an uphill battle with very limited resources (< $10k for initial traffic investment) but if they do take off I think it will be great for all hack values and the sites could also get a lot of free publicity if we end up being seen as pioneers in the hack/branding market (like ma.tt, me.me, Goo.gl, Blo.gs and ToysR.Us etc) - a cheap gamble none the less.

** Just realised I also have UsedCarSal.es | UsedMotorbik.es | and UsedMotorCycl.es **

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  7. Billy01

Billy01 Membership: Community

Might be OK

socialgaming.com.au

8. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

you have some good hack names , but i would avoid trademark hacks

ToysR.Us would maybe get you into trouble ????

9. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Yeah sorry, what I meant was the free publicity we would get if we had some success. The following examples got lots of publicity - I'm only regging generic hacks for that reason :p

Toys R Us = ToysR.us
    Yahoo = Blo.gs
    Matt MULLENWEG = Ma.tt
    Google = Goo.gl

10. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I was thinking dntra.de :p

11. Timmy

Timmy Banned

Nice Simon haha -

I'm not allowed to register anything for the next week HAHA! Apparently I blew my novelty quota with;

Acto.rs | Burge.rs | Campe.rs | Hairdresse.rs

12. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    ScrapMetalPrices.com.au

worth a reg i reckon

13. hadhad

hadhad Membership: Community

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  14. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

AbortionClinics.com.au (I'm gonna sell condoms).

15. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Somehow I don't think that is targeted quite right.

16. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Snoopy, I was going to say coat hangers but thought it a little tasteless, even for a person like myself.

I figure I'll approach a few of the doctors advertising via Adwords once it has ranked and see if they'd be willing to list their surgery etc for x amount per month.

17. shags38

shags38 Membership: Community

thought I had ...... but apparently not

I'm still learning how the system works .... maybe someone can help me here. How does it work that I can win a bid on Netfleet Snapper and in checking Drop see that there were zero, 0, nil, none, not any, zilch bids on that same name on drop ..... BUT .... it has CAUGHT next to it and in doing a whois I find the domain that did not obtain a bid on Drop but was bid on at NetFleet is registered to (no name yet ..... I will see what happens here first) straight after the auction. The name was not bid on before closing time and was not bid on during Expanded, obviously because there was no bids during normal time how could the bidding on that name be expanded :)

Yes I was switching screens, yes I was refreshing etc .... I have 2 computers .... I am not a member of Drop but I do comparisons as do most I suppose.

There is obviously a logical explanation ..... if anyone has one then I would be most appreciative of hearing it.

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. the guys who run this forum own Drop do they not?

18. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

3dShagy, last time I checked this forum was NOT run / owned by Drop. They are Sponsors.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  19. soj

soj Founder

The forum is owned/run by S3 Studios Pty Ltd, of which that is owned by myself, and davids. Drop.com.au are sponsors and the last time I checked, we weren't the owners of Drop (as much as I would enjoy it).

Shags, probably best to keep your posts on topic, this is the recent registrations thread after all...

20. Oz.

Oz. Membership: VIP

Ha ha, that would be nice :) Then drinks are on soj!