What's new

The Recent Registrations Thread

WG2010

Archived Member
Picked up UsedMotorcyclesForSale.com.au today, 5500 exacts. Might be a tough cookie to rank though looking at #1

Timmy

Banned
i am very suprised these two hacks were up for grabs ?

did they drop ?

Nope, apparently they just recently relaxed the .pe and .rs extensions. For RS you need a Serbian Administration Contact - Instra.com has employees :)

It took some searching but I got what I wanted - also the $99 USD per year registration fee probably puts a lot of people off too considering values of 'hack sales' aren't huge.... Yet!

UsedCa.rs just came through this morning :) Over 1m exacts per day apparently so plenty of traffic in all 3 industries.

Development plans are;
Vouche.rs = unknown at this stage (Every Ounce Counts is growing fast and could maybe use a re-brand in future as a lot of people assume we are weight-loss.)
Horosco.pe = going to rally some contributors and put Joomla site with vBulletin Forum for stickiness (create and flip)
UsedCa.rs = Global Used Car Classifieds site with Auction capabilities - on the hunt at the moment finding automotive blogs and forums with cheap traffic for sale.

All sites will be 'fun and 2.0-ish' with an emphasis on social media interaction - a lot of work and an uphill battle with very limited resources (< $10k for initial traffic investment) but if they do take off I think it will be great for all hack values and the sites could also get a lot of free publicity if we end up being seen as pioneers in the hack/branding market (like ma.tt, me.me, Goo.gl, Blo.gs and ToysR.Us etc) - a cheap gamble none the less.

** Just realised I also have UsedCarSal.es | UsedMotorbik.es | and UsedMotorCycl.es **

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Nope, apparently they just recently relaxed the .pe and .rs extensions. For RS you need a Serbian Administration Contact - Instra.com has employees :)

It took some searching but I got what I wanted - also the $99 USD per year registration fee probably puts a lot of people off too considering values of 'hack sales' aren't huge.... Yet!

UsedCa.rs just came through this morning :) Over 1m exacts per day apparently so plenty of traffic in all 3 industries.

Development plans are;
Vouche.rs = unknown at this stage (Every Ounce Counts is growing fast and could maybe use a re-brand in future as a lot of people assume we are weight-loss.)
Horosco.pe = going to rally some contributors and put Joomla site with vBulletin Forum for stickiness (create and flip)
UsedCa.rs = Global Used Car Classifieds site with Auction capabilities - on the hunt at the moment finding automotive blogs and forums with cheap traffic for sale.

All sites will be 'fun and 2.0-ish' with an emphasis on social media interaction - a lot of work and an uphill battle with very limited resources (< $10k for initial traffic investment) but if they do take off I think it will be great for all hack values and the sites could also get a lot of free publicity if we end up being seen as pioneers in the hack/branding market (like ma.tt, me.me, Goo.gl, Blo.gs and ToysR.Us etc) - a cheap gamble none the less.

** Just realised I also have UsedCarSal.es | UsedMotorbik.es | and UsedMotorCycl.es **

you have some good hack names , but i would avoid trademark hacks

ToysR.Us would maybe get you into trouble ????

Timmy

Banned
you have some good hack names , but i would avoid trademark hacks

ToysR.Us would maybe get you into trouble ????

Yeah sorry, what I meant was the free publicity we would get if we had some success. The following examples got lots of publicity - I'm only regging generic hacks for that reason :p

Toys R Us = ToysR.us
Yahoo = Blo.gs
Matt MULLENWEG = Ma.tt
Google = Goo.gl

Timmy

Banned
Nice Simon haha -

I'm not allowed to register anything for the next week HAHA! Apparently I blew my novelty quota with;

Acto.rs | Burge.rs | Campe.rs | Hairdresse.rs

WG2010

Archived Member
Snoopy, I was going to say coat hangers but thought it a little tasteless, even for a person like myself.

I figure I'll approach a few of the doctors advertising via Adwords once it has ranked and see if they'd be willing to list their surgery etc for x amount per month.

shags38

Top Contributor
thought I had ...... but apparently not

I'm still learning how the system works .... maybe someone can help me here. How does it work that I can win a bid on Netfleet Snapper and in checking Drop see that there were zero, 0, nil, none, not any, zilch bids on that same name on drop ..... BUT .... it has CAUGHT next to it and in doing a whois I find the domain that did not obtain a bid on Drop but was bid on at NetFleet is registered to (no name yet ..... I will see what happens here first) straight after the auction. The name was not bid on before closing time and was not bid on during Expanded, obviously because there was no bids during normal time how could the bidding on that name be expanded :)

Yes I was switching screens, yes I was refreshing etc .... I have 2 computers .... I am not a member of Drop but I do comparisons as do most I suppose.

There is obviously a logical explanation ..... if anyone has one then I would be most appreciative of hearing it.

cheers,
Mike

p.s. the guys who run this forum own Drop do they not?

Oz.

Top Contributor
3dShagy, last time I checked this forum was NOT run / owned by Drop. They are Sponsors.

Last edited:

soj

Founder
The forum is owned/run by S3 Studios Pty Ltd, of which that is owned by myself, and davids. Drop.com.au are sponsors and the last time I checked, we weren't the owners of Drop (as much as I would enjoy it).

Shags, probably best to keep your posts on topic, this is the recent registrations thread after all...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member