What's new

The Radio Test

johno69

Top Contributor
I've seen a few use this term lately.. Does it pass "The Radio Test"

Well here's one for you.. Today I had the local radio station on and heard an advert for a local security company.

It ended with "Find us online, Google Security Illawarra"

Well curiosity got the better of me. I wanted to see more, so I did the Google search..

I still don't know who the company is.

James

Top Contributor
I love how stupid those types of ads where they say Search XYZ Brand, I have heard some big companies and even universities doing it.

Best style of advertising I have heard on the radio was where they say visit us online at:

www.website.com/nova

These guys obviously knew their stuff becuase they have a dedicated sub folder for each station and can track ROI from the campaign.

acheeva

Top Contributor
What you can measure you can manage!

If you measure it; you can manage it

The Golden Rule that is ignored by so many

marketingweb

Top Contributor
Wow what a lame mistake. I bet the idea came from some idiot scriptwriter at the radio station who didn't understand SEO, and a client who didn't understand what they were signing up for.

This sort of thing can work when done properly. For example a local business here called "Lavington Computers" suggests you google that - Lavington being the suburb they are in. For them it works well - not only is their domain up the top complete with sitelinks, but next comes their yellow pages advert, then a page featuring their business in a local directory, then their trulocal directory page, then.... well you get the picture.

Telling people to Google it and having it come up like that tells people psychologically that they are THEY people to talk to. Your example...not so much!

findtim

Top Contributor
"danger Will Robinson, danger , danger, !!!

shit , you gotta get be an idiot to do that !

what they have said IS. our website ranks number one for that search term on :

IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, iphone, ipad, etccccc

what a fool !

regardless of the top 3 paid adverts, plus the google places listings?

they are basically spending money to advertise their clients !!!

they NEED a web guru to phone them instead of a dumb radio advetising salesman that SOLD them an "idea"

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members