What's new

The quick or the dead

findtim

Top Contributor
lesson 1: never give your credit card to your wife !

i can't accurately tell at this moment if what i say is true its just my assumption.

today i was looking at the names that didn't get sold on NOR bidded on at netfleet and drop yesterday and 1 popped its head up at me and i thought, hmmm i'll check if its now up for domain renewal and it was so i go to grab my business credit card see that today of all days i gave it to helena to go by some office furniture !!!!!

1 hour later she comes home, i go to register the domain and some other person has registered it !!!!!

i obviously wasn't ment to have it as i tried to phone helena to get my card number and she didn't answer, ahhh the universe.

no big deal but it suited one of my online directions, but in the process i had search similar names and found another 2 and thought WOW how lucky am i but the SAME person registered them as well before i got my card back, F me !

what dum luck

So if you registered 3 unregistered domain names today with similar last words of a 2 word domain then you're probably the person i'm talking about

anyway good luck to you, and no i'm not going to tell the domains, its really no big deal, just a lesson learnt.

tim

xwdomains

Top Contributor
lesson 1: never give your credit card to your wife !

i can't accurately tell at this moment if what i say is true its just my assumption.

today i was looking at the names that didn't get sold on NOR bidded on at netfleet and drop yesterday and 1 popped its head up at me and i thought, hmmm i'll check if its now up for domain renewal and it was so i go to grab my business credit card see that today of all days i gave it to helena to go by some office furniture !!!!!

1 hour later she comes home, i go to register the domain and some other person has registered it !!!!!

i obviously wasn't ment to have it as i tried to phone helena to get my card number and she didn't answer, ahhh the universe.

no big deal but it suited one of my online directions, but in the process i had search similar names and found another 2 and thought WOW how lucky am i but the SAME person registered them as well before i got my card back, F me !

what dum luck

So if you registered 3 unregistered domain names today with similar last words of a 2 word domain then you're probably the person i'm talking about

anyway good luck to you, and no i'm not going to tell the domains, its really no big deal, just a lesson learnt.

tim

lol my wife has a credit card and so do I just put her on as additional card holder problem solved

findtim

Top Contributor
lol my wife has a credit card and so do I just put her on as additional card holder problem solved

true, it was meant to happen as i haven't handed that card to her in 9 months !!! so it was just the universe.

additional card: HA, as soon as i handed the card to her this morning she said " ohhh maybe i should go buy that............... as well......." , so thats why i'm not sure giving her a card is a good idea

tim

acheeva

Top Contributor
I am on my 3rd marriage & I have learnt my lesson

I don't hand over the credit card & we don't fight over what she spends

If I wasn't such a slow learner; I would not have given one to wife #2

findtim

Top Contributor
I am on my 3rd marriage & I have learnt my lesson

I don't hand over the credit card & we don't fight over what she spends

If I wasn't such a slow learner; I would not have given one to wife #2

i meet a guy once that said to me " i'm on my 3rd wife, the first 2 took everything but this one doesn't have a clue what i own as i changed accountants ! "

HONEST

tim

acheeva

Top Contributor
i meet a guy once that said to me " i'm on my 3rd wife, the first 2 took everything but this one doesn't have a clue what i own as i changed accountants ! "

HONEST

tim

I am an accountant by profession and you need to be part qualified in marriage counselling & personal conflict management to survive in the business

findtim

Top Contributor
i've told helena that if we go "pear shaped" then she will get everything, i just have a "need" for possessions . Yes i like buying and building domains but if i lost it all tommorrow i wouldn't really give a hoot.

i've got 2 kids and thats all there will be so its all about them, just want to be a consistant dad not an "every second weekend dad" ( not saying thats wrong, its just what in the recent past many men have been force to into )

i'm going to stop that conversation line of thought now as it belongs somewhere else.

LETS get back to domain names we missed out on !

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
If your wife has your card another time you can do the pay by PayPal (if no balance use bank transfer) via VentraIP.

Just an idea..

findtim

Top Contributor
i've now written the card number into my passwords file so its not going to happen again.

she's good, don't get me wrong, it was just a moment in time, i'll investigate the dual card but you know women.... they do like to spend.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member