What's new

The Name you Nearly Had?

Chumby

Top Contributor
Hi all,

Just wondering what is the best name you nearly had... but escaped your clutches?

I tried catching many in the earlyish days...good communications with Paul (SafeSys) on Domainstate and others... but Yun Ye always grabbed the names I was after. Still to this day I don't know how he did it!

Anyway...

I tried to get hold of jennifer.com at one stage (probably ten years ago now). It belonged to a failed country and western singer in the states ... and it took me literally 6 months of calling ex-managers, radio stations, marketing people in US etc (before Voip and Skpe), until I found out the guy who had ownership on the name. He agreed I could have it for $5k.. I agreed by email.. only to have him reply a Texan purchased it for $7k. The name was on sold for much more....

Quite annoyed... so went back to getting three letter .com's!

Anyway... did you nearly get a good one over the line... but just missed the boat?

Cheers
Chumby

snoopy

Top Contributor
Jobseekers.com - Could have bought it for $6000, delayed for a day (if I remember rightly) and missed it. He had tried some ppc program in that time and found good earnings (surprise surprise). Eventually sold for alot more I suspect.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Great idea for a thread!

Offered $30K for shopping.com.au to Coles a few years back and had the response:

If it's not going to Woolworths, and the money is better, I think we can get a deal done

So ended up offering $50K, thought that would clinch it but no, the deal ended up falling over :(

socialr

I used to own ausports.com.au until the australian sports commision sent me a cease and dissist letter for confusion over their name ausports.gov.au

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo