What's new

Surf Noosa

I bought Surfnoosa.com.au back in 2009. Had great plans to develop a site here but never got round to it. Surfing is a strong activity in Noosa. I'd love to know if it is worth keeping on to this domain or selling on. Thanks!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I only see value as a developed site, hotels, tours, hire goods, etc
~
To me the name itself is limited ..... good luck

snoopy

Top Contributor
If black bananas were the rating standard, would this be a 4 black banana or a 1 black banana domain name (higher the better) As I mentioned it can be developed

Well the OP stated that he bought it with plans to develop several years ago and never did (though it does actually seem to have content on it).

The question would be if this only worth money "developed" why do that? Why would a domainer spend time developing a bad domain? Isn't it all about using good domains?

I would give this 1 black banana.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Should we using the term "bunch' if a name is good ?? "It's worth a bunch"
~
Sorry to Mathew for our fun ...... but this is a new rating system and the kinks are being finalised

petermeadit

Top Contributor
If there was a business called surf noosa that would want the domain then it is worth some money. Or if you could develop a lead gen site on the name, but that would take work to do.

snoopy

Top Contributor
If there was a business called surf noosa that would want the domain then it is worth some money.

I guess the question is,

A. Is there a business called "surf noosa"?

and

B. Are they willing to pay a premium for the name?

The chance of A. is low but the chance of B. is tiny because there is going to be a small number of surf schools in the area, maybe a couple of dozen. They could easily register something else, use a Facebook page or not even be advertising online, and their budget is going to be close to zero.

findtim

Top Contributor
If there was a business called surf noosa

then you could be in trouble !

but it is a generic so you should be cool.

having personally lived in noosa (junction), its a black banana, you are never going to sell that name, if YOU LIVE in noosa and know ALL the surf dudes, you are a member of the surf club, then keep it and discuss what you can do with it, but from a PURE domain point of view its a black banana.

PS: as you walk into the surf club walk straight to the front window, power point on the left hand wall, that is my office :D

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members