1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Sudden Influx Of Catalog Bids

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Chris.C, Feb 17, 2012.

1. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Like I said there is already data on "quality" and "offers made". I don't think anything else is needed. Instead of useful data like that, useless data that is being gamed by the owner is being used.

What about people who just want to sell?

Personally I've found simply listing a name for sale here will get offers far higher than names listed for years on netfleet. I think it is because those names really get no exposure at netfleet. Nobody sees the listings unless they are looking for something very specific, no matter how well priced.

Personally I was getting more interest when there was clear links to names ranked on number of offers received and domain quality, can't remember how long ago that was changed.

2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yep it sure does!

Yep me too.

I think the ranking is still based on this - just less 'normal' listings on the homepage.

3. soj

soj Founder

The planets have aligned. Snoopy and DavidL are in agreement - and of course I have to agree with you both! :D

We've had some nice sales here over the past few months - and I do think it is because there are fewer offerings and good exposure.

But that's not being critical of Netfleet - their platform generally speaking is very good - and as domainers, we're lucky to have it.

4. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

Wow you must drive a VERY tough bargain if you have received 30 - 40 offers in the last month to only have sold 3!

:D

5. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yeah I'm a net gainer of domains so i don't let them go easily!

6. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I know ...... ;)