What's new

studiopress forum

findtim

Top Contributor
i haven't been there for a while even though i have stated many times i thought they were GREAT, but today i see they seem to have changed their system of forums and i can't log in , tried resetting my password but didn't stick.

does anyone know how long its been changed? how do you get into the old forum information ( now read only but most answers are in there) , and whats the new forum like ?

loose questions i know but i was happy with how it was !

tim

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
New forums have been active for a good month or so.
They're running a wordpress (based) forum now as opposed to vBulletin before, (Studiopress are a WordPress company after all).

Old forum link - http://www.studiopress.com/support/
New forum link - http://www.studiopress.com/forums/

You have to Join the NEW forum with a new username and password. StudioPress have NOT migrated the data from the old forums and are starting the new ones from scratch.
The system is a little different too; there are not theme threads any more. It is all thrown together and TAGS are used for searching; (and in my opinion, it doesn't work well at all).

The old forum is closed for new comments but as it is a great resource; StudioPress have left them available for access so one can browse old threads and posts. However NOTHING NEW is allowed to be posted there.

My StudioPress is where members can download their purchases: http://my.studiopress.com/

What is the new forum like?
hmmm. I'm not yet convinced it is better. Because it is a fresh forum, little content and there yet; but it is growing, and will continue too. It is taking a little to get used to. Many don't like it, others like it. There is much banter and discussion about the new forums, on the new forums. Poor NicktheGeek and Andrea are fielding a smattering of posts about it.
The value of membership that I can see, was in part, the great forum; but StudioPress have diminished a great resource and reason for visiting the forums.

This is the canned response: "We can certainly appreciate that change is hard. The forums are now, and will continue to be, a community driven place for users to share ideas and solutions. The official support channel is limited to assisting with issues related to using StudioPress themes. Topics pertaining to customization of StudioPress themes will be referred to the community forums. We are confident that, over time, the new forums will contain even better information than was previously available since we are able to encourage community members to participate in discussions, offer suggestions, and of course ask questions. This system is here to stay and will ultimately bring the best balance for both our users and our staff."

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks blue wren, it must have been a HUGE task to manage such a dynamic forum, its what REALLY helped me get started into wordpress.

i tried the link to signup again and nothing was successful so i'll try again another day as what i ended up doing was a google search which gave me a link INTO the old forum for the info i needed.

i'll have to get "in" before i can state more about it.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member