What's new

Stale Listing on Netfleet

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
FYI the last Netfleet Premium Domain Listings email for Friday 16 July 2010 had a listing for:

credit card review com au

This domain actually dropped on 9 July 2010. So I'd suggest the current listing on Netfleet is stale and I wouldn't make an offer or hand over any cash if I were you.

http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=d&id=16662

Last edited:

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Yeah I noticed that too. Kind of thing auda doesnt like

--

Actually it was a different name I was looking at in the same email

Last edited:

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Unfortunately it looks as though there was a hiccup with the premium domain listing email that Netfleet sent out on Friday. Four out of the five domains appeared to have expired.

• comparedeals.com.au - $5000 (dropped and caught 2nd July)
  • creditcardreview.com.au - $5000 (dropped and caught 7th July)
  • barginshopping.com.au - $5000 (dropped 4th July, available for registration at the time of the email)
  • comparedebitcards.com.au -$7500 (dropped 15th July, available for registration at the time of the email)

I am sure that NF are working towards cleaning their inventory data, a task that on the surface looks easy but involves more work than most would expect or appreciate.

Andrew

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

Missed this post yesterday. There was no hiccup actually - our client who owned those domains, paid for the email just like anybody else. When he booked it in (it's quite popular so there can sometimes be a few month's wait to get a spot) he obviously owned them and then, either deliberately or by accident, has let them expire prior to the email going out.

We don't generally verify domain registrant details prior to sending and make it very clear that it's the sellers responsibility to get things right when listing/buying premium options and the buyers responsibility to exercise due dilligence when making offers etc.

Nevertheless, we recognise it's not ideal and I guess we should look at taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Although saying that I'd imagine this sort of thing would be pretty rare.

It does highlight a broader issue though (one that Sedo and other marketplaces have wrestled with for years) - that of expired domains still listed on Netfleet. We're going to escalate a purge in the next day or so and do another clearout (which we do periodically of course).

We'll also advertise the expired domains for our members too, together with metrics so that you can perhaps score a few decent hand regs. :)

Last time we did that (here - http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=expired) about 60 domains were snapped up which is great!

It also highlights the opportunities to jump in and make offers on domains. For example above there are some great domains. Maybe you wouldn't pay the asking prices but IF the previous owner did indeed deliberately let them expire, surely he would have taken an offer of a few hundred? Too late now of course but sometimes it can pay to show interest early just in case...

Anyway thanks for the heads-up guys. I'll let you know when we have that list of available to reg domains ready.

Oh and baconfarmer, appreciate the 'Reason for editing' :D

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
I only posted this to get it out there as quickly as possible so nobody got hurt if it was a rogue seller. If time had not been a factor, it wouldn't have been a public issue because I love you too Netfleet.

I'd love you even more if you gave me 24 hours head start on the new expired domain list.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Folks

We've done a bit of spring cleaning (is it spring yet?! please!) and removed all expired domains from Netfleet. We are also running a script each day so all expired domains are removed, so we will not have the same situation as we did for our featured domains email.

We've also put them in our expired domains section:

http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=expired

As ever, thanks for the feedback

Cheers
Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online