What's new

Split Testing Domains

chris

Top Contributor
An interesting post on how RV Menu decided on their domain name by running AdWords tests.

I spent a few hours on Domainsbot and Impossibility.org coming up with a variety of names — short, silly, boring, startup-y, long, exact match, etc. I whittled that initial list down to 17 and created identical AdWords ad for each domain.

http://rvmenu.com/ask-google

snoopy

Top Contributor
The data set is small, 20 clicks etc for some domains. The data might have some meaning, eg .co's doing particularly badly and domains with rv at the front doing well, which sounds right. Still i wouldn't trust the results much.

The main issue though is their is no data on keywords. Who knows how google has actually chosen which ad group to run for each keyword. Needs a proper analysis of that.

findtim

Top Contributor
yeh snoopy I agree, this is where you need to bring in experts that spend ALL their time on info mining and know where to look for the most profitable GAP.

I had 2 clients today ring me on this subject, first is a local company and she is control of LOADSSSS of money for SEO and asked to rank for the most silly keyword search for her business :eek: sorry can't state the terms, so I flicked her off to my guy IN AUSTRALIA and she will be fine, then another phone call from another client who has NO MONEY ( you know that type ) and asks to market her product WORLDWIDE !!!! but no budget !!! so I just told her "show me a budget" and then we will talk.

2014: knowledge is money

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members