What's new

Someone getting hit hard with policy deletes

plano

There seem to be a few domains dropping owned by a particular company due to policy deletes.

Does anyone know what policy or policies have been enacted here to force these deletes?

Attractive

These domains are registered to a company I voluntarily deregistered.
As the entity is now deregistered, domains held by it are being purged in accordance with Policy.

DamianLondon

Top Contributor
2012-04 - Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules for the Open 2LDs

Schedule A, point 5:

"5. Renewal of a domain name licence at the end of the two year period is dependent on the registrant continuing to meet the eligibility and allocation rules for the relevant 2LD. "

Company closes / business name deregistered etc.; no longer is the eligibility and allocation rules for the relevant 2LD met.

I wonder how many domain names are currently floating around that breach this based on companies closing down, business names not being re-registered etc. but the owners keep the domain name because of the value?

I also wonder if anything will ever be done about this?

Joel

Top Contributor
I wonder how many domain names are currently floating around that breach this based on companies closing down, business names not being re-registered etc. but the owners keep the domain name because of the value?

I come across them fairly regularly when researching names. Heaps of expired ABNs, registrant email addresses that bounce, etc.

findtim

Top Contributor
I also wonder if anything will ever be done about this?

i doubt it, we would have to revert back to a domain being linked specifically to a registered business ONLY and that would be a step back into the dark ages.

attractive has actually done the honest thing and created the PD's himself where others don't, but AUda do not have the money or manpower to monitor all this.

i think given current rules you could in some instances still claim a close relationship to the name but you should be careful.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member