What's new

Sold domain dropping

payattention

Archived Member
From purely an ethical point of view, where do you stand when a domain you previously sold someone is going to soon drop and you're interested in it?

Would you email and alert them to the fact therefore running the risk of the domain being renewed, would you simply bid on it given you're well within your rights to do so or would you wash your hands of it by not bidding nor emailing and just watching what happens, perhaps registering it by hand if it gets no action on the drops.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
From purely an ethical point of view, where do you stand when a domain you previously sold someone is going to soon drop and you're interested in it?

Would you email and alert them to the fact therefore running the risk of the domain being renewed, would you simply bid on it given you're well within your rights to do so or would you wash your hands of it by not bidding nor emailing and just watching what happens, perhaps registering it by hand if it gets no action on the drops.

I would email the original buyer and if they confirmed they didn't want it then would bid if I was interested in acquiring the name again

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I'd email them, but there is every chance they won't be able to do anything about it at this late notice.

In which case I'd buy it, so that no one else gets it, then sell it back to them at $100 or $200 extra.

Better you than someone else who isn't willing to sell.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member