What's new

Site Archive by National Library of Australia

Would you have your website archived by a .gov.au given the considerations in the thread?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ashman

Top Contributor
A client of mine was asked to have their website archived by the National Library of Australia. The library considered their website to be of significance for preservation. The clients whole website would be copied and made available on the library network, which is on a .gov.au domain.

An example of this process can be seen here: http://pandora.nla.gov.au/tep/136480 (Nyoongar Sports Association).

In the above example there are 2 links to the archived site and a back link to the publishers site.

Would this process undermine or have any adverse effects from an SEO perspective on the publishers site by creating dual content?

Would the back link from the .gov.au site to the publishers site have any significant SEO benefit given that the page rank from the URL is 0/10 but the Alexa Rank is about 14,000?

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm not SEO but i have found no issues with duplicate content in the last 5 years, i think google has accepted that information will be duplicate, i always use the example that "teeth whitening" can only be explain in very little ways " we whiten teeth " so i can't see an adverse affect personally
i can't see any major benefit for a link from a gov.au website to his site

and archive is a loose term when you look at the waybackwhen machine , as if its drawing from the files then once the files change it stops working, and websites are dynamic anyway so archive in my view is pointless unless you have it setup as a blog and the blog gets archived and all the urls stay correct.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member