What's new

Shady broking practice

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I remember when I was younger and was selling an investment property I had a real estate agent lie to me that he had a "buyer" so that he could have a fake negotiation so he could see how far down he could screw me on the selling price.

I eventually worked it out and switched agents when I found out, but the moral of the story is get all offer on paper. It's very easy for someone say they "have" or "can get" offers, but offers in writing are all that matter.

I often used to use the same principle with getting people to contacted me via email or some other means to make their offers via NetFleet's stand listings. I'd tell people they needed to submit an offer on NetFleet before the negotiations could continue because I thought they were just being tyre kickers and I only wanted to deal with people who put their money where their mouth was.

snoopy

Top Contributor
This kind of thing is common especially with companies like Domain Holdings. They will contact & tell you they have someone interested in a name, they'll say "would you consider $X for it". If you you said yes they'd then go out and look for a buyer.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
This kind of thing is common especially with companies like Domain Holdings. They will contact & tell you they have someone interested in a name, they'll say "would you consider $X for it". If you you said yes they'd then go out and look for a buyer.

Thanks for the warning on them

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member