What's new

Selling Leads - how is this done?

shags38

Top Contributor
Hi all,

it has been a while (sorry but yes the peace is broken :)) - I hope everyone is doing well.

I saw a thread by SOJ in Monetizing domains asking about some ideas for selling his leads generated for Solar.

I was intrigued - how does one go about selling leads?? I assume the leads are traffic to a site - e.g. in the case of SOJ he has a website about Solar and he gets traffic but doesn't have Solar products so wants to sell that traffic - is this correct? I will be asking SOJ specifically if this is the case with him but am using this as an example.

Is the above a typical way of earning income from a website? Is it a case of re-directing the traffic to a "customer" and getting paid per referral or is it something else?

Looking for some edumucation in this field of income spinning.

cheers,
Mike

joe

Top Contributor
A "lead" is an expression of interest, something for the company to follow up on in the hopes of converting them into a customer. Usually in the form of a phone number/email or mailing address plus other details like the nature of the enquiry.

This approach means you get paid for the lead, not the sale.

Some affiliate networks have cost per lead programs but depending on the product and your traffic you might have to do your own networking and strike a deal.

Wilson

I just set up www.removalistsbrisbane.com.au to drive leads to removalists. Each lead is worth $5.00 x amount of removalists who receive the lead, works ok.

aus11

Top Contributor
Hi all,
I was intrigued - how does one go about selling leads?? I assume the leads are traffic to a site - e.g. in the case of SOJ he has a website about Solar and he gets traffic but doesn't have Solar products so wants to sell that traffic - is this correct? I will be asking SOJ specifically if this is the case with him but am using this as an example.

I know commissionmonster.com have a Solar Panel affiliate program that pays $10 per lead.

@Wilson - Did you contact the removalists directly? I'd love to hear more about how you went about getting the removalist companies on board? Do you have a contract for them? Invoice them monthly?

neddy

Top Contributor
I just set up www.removalistsbrisbane.com.au to drive leads to removalists. Each lead is worth $5.00 x amount of removalists who receive the lead, works ok.

Nice work Wilson - are you able to share with us how it's going so far?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member