What's new

Selling .com.au's at Auctions. $$

Jack

Selling at auction is a good liquidation strategy as evident by the .com market.

Where does everyone sell their .com.au's at auctions?
-There is Flippa
-There was Netfleet
-Other?

I feel there is a segment of the market lacking. A pure auction marketplace like Sedo/NameJet, however for .com.au's only. Anyone else agree?
Is there no pure .com.au auction due to the restrictions in soliciting the sale of a .com.au? (I believe there are some legalities around buying/selling, not as simple as with a .com). Can anyone shed some light on this too?

Obviously Netfleet are in a good position to open up their system for get the aftermarket moving. Maybe they should do what NameJet does, put all the auction domains in to the daily auction list with the drops. This creates the scarcity and gets the market moving...

I wonder how many people are buying dropping .com.au domains right now and have no/limited ideas on how to sell them for a premium?? (without an au specific auction place).

atom

Administrator
Agree, there isn't the volume of options for .au's as .com's.

From what see and hear, a lot of the premium .au sales are private sales. A few of these take place on DNTrade.

Has anyone ever tried the likes of Sedo or Afternic for .au's? I wouldn't imagine they'd get much exposure.

snoopy

Top Contributor
It has been offered before, I think there isn't much money in it due to a combination of low prices and low numbers of names with much value in .com.au.

It works to a degree in the .com space which is much bigger but even that is very flakey. There has been plenty of "bad" auctions with few bidders and poor sell through rates. Namejet seems to work to a degree for aftermarket names swell as some Chinese venues but I don't think there is real liquidity anywhere else.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I wonder how many people are buying dropping .com.au domains right now and have no/limited ideas on how to sell them for a premium?? (without an au specific auction place).

Highly unlikely that any domainer is going to make money buying on the drop and then trying to sell at auctions. Not a good strategy in any extension. Auctions should be treated as a place liquidate inventory you don't want to hold, e.g. names you made a mistake buying, names that get low levels of interest, names with few endusers but strong domainer interest etc. Think of it like sending a car to Fowles, most of the time it is not a money making thing.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo