What's new

Selling AU Domains under 6 months reg

shags38

Top Contributor
Hi,

other than getting special dispensation from AUDA how does one sell an AU domain that has only recently been picked up as a drop, i.e. less than 6 months from pick up at drop . Do you sell it on the condition that the transfer of the licence will occur on the 6 month anniversary of registration?? If not how does one go about it, if at all??

cheers,
Mike

shags38

Top Contributor
6 month applies to drops
Plus remember registration solely for resale even after the 6 month period is NOT a valid ownership reason under auDA rules

6 months applies to any registration, period - but not to transfer, but you cannot transfer within 6 months of registering so hence you cannot sell a dropped name for at least 6 months after obtaining it - well strictly speaking you cannot transfer the "licence" to use the name however it does not restrict someone from selling the name or the transfer to the name on a proviso of a delayed transfer - right or not? - i.e. I pick up a name at drop today and sell it to you tomorrow because you want it, so a deal fopr the sale is done however you cannot use the name you just purchased for 6 months when at which time I can legitametly transfer the licence to you as the new "owner" - as long as you are happy with such an arrangement then there should be no issue, right? When I purcheased the name at auction I had no intention at that time to purchase the name for resale, it just so happened that the decision to make it available for sale was made subsequent to the purchase so there should be no problem with AUDA, right?

I figure some of the above might be the case because I was just wondering about some names that I think I have seen drop less than 6 months ago, (if my failing memory serves me correctly - I haven't bothered to do WhoIs) that I think I have seen listed for sale, thats all. Of course I could be wrong (I often am).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member