What's new

Sell an AU domain - an agreement template

findtim

Top Contributor
dntrade use to have a trade statis which i liked, not sure where it is now?
i've not had nightmare trades, just be honest and it all works fine, use an escrow for big deals, but it works both ways, and both peoples reputation.
tim

TrafficSauce

I just recently sold 2 domains that were a complete nightmare, Im thinking the netfleet assisted sales is a good option from now on, any other opinions?
Trouble during sales seems to be usually due to confusion/misunderstanding. If you let the purchaser know, ahead of time, what is involved (i.e. payment terms, COR, etc), it can be a straight forward process - online COR processing has been a great help.
The Netfleet platform, EscrowAngel.com.au or CheckVault.com.au are all handy options, if you feel a transaction is going to prove troublesome without some kind of intermediary.

findtim

Top Contributor
communication, thats it, be in control and STATE how its going to proceed ( whatever way you choose )
tim

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
I've used use EscrowAngel for most transactions - there's no resistance from buyers. Here's my sample template -

"I would propose using a third party, EscrowAngel.com.au to protect both parties in this transaction - they will not release funds to us until you have the domain. You can find out more information about them at www.EscrowAngel.com.au.

The process works as follows:
- You provide us with your company details - We will then supply you with an invoice.
- Following invoicing we will initiate a transaction at EscrowAngel.com.au
- Payment will be made to Escrow Angel - Buyer to pay escrow fees ($XX for this transaction and an additional $XX if you want to use a credit card).
- Upon their confirmation of receipt of funds I will initiate a change of registrant (COR) at our account at WHATEVERDOMAINREGISTRAR.COM.AU - we will pay COR fees.
- Once the COR has been completed, and you have transferred the domain to your registrar (this is free of charge) you will need to approve release of funds at EscrowAngel.com.au

We’ll provide instructions if required at each stage.

At the end of the process the domain will be in an account that you control, renewed for a full two years, at a registrar of your choice and the whois will reflect your registration details.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above process.

Kind regards,"

vr101

I was hoping to choose netfleet as the brokering system for domain name sales etc, it seems that they take care of the money part .. but i just found out they can''t do the automatic money transfers to an account over seas .. strange.

Maybe some sort of escrow service might be the answer .. thanks guys .. so much to learn.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member