1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

ScottMorrison.com.au Domain Expired

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by chris, Oct 19, 2018.

1. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Looks like the domain expired...

Source: https://www.news.com.au/technology/...r/news-story/8761a3d75f91101d3db61be5c4561266

Scott7 likes this.
  2. chris

chris Administrator

auDA Member:
    Yes
  3. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community

"domain license lapsed overnight"

Top tier journalism as always, you stay classy news.com.au

4. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Scomo/Com regged ........ 1999

Scott7 likes this.
  5. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

That website they put up was hilariously funny so it was worth the paperwork just for the laugh. I did however wanted to point out that the domain did not expire. The domain passed through the cancelled ABN/ACN process (ie was reported directly to the registrar) who gave 30 days notice and then put the domain into a 3 day Client Requested Delete.

This is a very real and surprisingly common mistake made by just about everyone at some point in time (it has even happened to me).
    Last time I checked about 10% of all .com.au and .net.au domains where attached to cancelled ABNs or ACN and the older the domain was the more likely it was to be affected. I would estimate that at this point about 300,000 domains would fall into the same category and face the same risk of deletion. At some point the rules are going to need to be reviewed to make the policy less strict or auDA is going to have to do a huge cleanup which I fear would damage the reputation of .com.au substantially.

- Anthony

Scott7, chris and Bacon Farmer like this.