What's new

Rob Kaay on Domain Sherpa

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Seriously!? You think I'm the same as him.

Look mate I haven't sold any 6 figure domains, have a massive pile of loot and just trawl domain forums all day looking to take the piss out of noobs and egoists like he does.

findtim

Top Contributor
well, i think we know where we all stand !
i bet scott7's thinking "why did i post" ?
once again, good sale robert
tim

Ricky

Good on you Rob. As someone who has listened to Domain Sherpa religiously for the last couple of years in was really cool to hear you on the show.

robert

Top Contributor
Much appreciated Ricky. I've always been a massive fan of the show too and Michael is truly an awesome down to earth guy, on and off the camera!

Shane

Top Contributor
Great interview Rob. I must admit that I initially fell into the camp that thought Fetch and PD were just very lucky cases of 'right time, right place', but it was great to hear the full story. Awesome stuff.

robert

Top Contributor
Great interview Rob. I must admit that I initially fell into the camp that thought Fetch and PD were just very lucky cases of 'right time, right place', but it was great to hear the full story. Awesome stuff.

I can understand that, Shane. Thanks mate!

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
Now, now. Let's be civilised.

Although Snoopy may not be everybody's cup of tea, I would guess that he has personally made more money out of domains than anyone else on this forum. Seriously.

When I was at Fabulous.com we profiled his portfolio, and at the time it was one of the best - and we're talking .com not cctld.

Took bloody ages trying to get hold of him and win his monetization business though.o_O

I'm not sure why Snoopy continues to post on a .au forum when he's so down on the market, but I continue to read and respect his posts. He is a Yang to the Ying of "everything is great".

findtim

Top Contributor
it reminds me of :

" i think i know, you know, but do you know, i know what you think i know, because i know, or maybe i don't know, you know, i know what you know"

tim

Scott7

Top Contributor
" i think i know, you know, but do you know, i know what you think i know, because i know, or maybe i don't know, you know, i know what you know"
o_O For your sake, Tim, I hope auDA Directors aren't subject to random drug tests. :eek:

robert

Top Contributor
When I was at Fabulous.com we profiled his portfolio, and at the time it was one of the best - and we're talking .com not cctld.
Took bloody ages trying to get hold of him and win his monetization business though.o_O
I must say, I'm very surprised to see you discussing private Fabulous customer monetization successes in a public forum, Andrew.

I'm not sure why Snoopy continues to post on a .au forum when he's so down on the market, but I continue to read and respect his posts. He is a Yang to the Ying of "everything is great".
Nothing against you personally, Andrew, but I'm not sure why certain people feel the need to arse-kiss this guy in a thread about Domain Sherpa featuring Australian domain names, just because he's made some money? But, hey, do what you gotta do ;):cool:o_O

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
LOL snoppy is the Rick Schwartz of Australia or mean judge on X-Factor ?...... I always get them confused, simple truth is he has the points on the board and gets respect for that. Don't worry if you don't like him ( he doesn't ) The .Tv community on Namepros have had a "bounty" on his head for nearly a decade now !

neddy

Top Contributor
I wasn't going to enter into this, but I'm disappointed that the original thread has gone sideways. There's nothing that I like better than having a good discussion / debate; and hitting it out of the park with facts, but it does dismay me when people get "personal" with each other. There is no need for this imho.

Firstly, congrats to Robert for getting the exposure with Cyger. That is a great career boost. And it highlights .au - something we should all be grateful for.

As most people know who read Domainer; I have helped mentor him since his early days. Whilst I don't agree with everything he has done or does, the fact is he is the hardest working and most passionate "domain lover / domain broker" that I have met in a long time. And he has notched up some decent wins. Some people who have been in the industry a long time may view him as just another "shooting star" that will flame out in a matter of time (many of us have seen a lot of those), but I think he's the "real deal", and we are seeing the beginnings of a champion in this industry.

Some people may view him as "lucky" with the price he got on Fetch.com.au (and I am one of those), but this industry is full of luck! I've lost track of the number of times I would have accepted a lower price on some of my own domains only for someone to offer me higher than anticipated. That's the nature of the game if you're a seasoned player.

As for Snoopy, I've had my share of battles with him over the years with regards his negativity to .au. And this will probably continue for a long time to come! But I still have great respect for him, and for what he's achieved in the domaining world over 20 years (as do many of the big names in the domain industry overseas). He is one of the smartest (and analytical) guys out there - and he has seen the highs and lows over a couple of decades. He's also probably made more money with domain names than all of us combined. Was he "lucky" to be in at the right time with regards dot coms. Sure, but what that's got to do with it? As I said, luck is a prevalent denominator in this industry of ours. Just as it is in real estate.

Let me leave you with one of my favourite quotes:

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
I must say, I'm very surprised to see you discussing private Fabulous customer monetization successes in a public forum, Andrew.

Nothing against you personally, Andrew, but I'm not sure why certain people feel the need to arse-kiss this guy in a thread about Domain Sherpa featuring Australian domain names, just because he's made some money? But, hey, do what you gotta do ;):cool:o_O
With all due respect, nothing private was discussed - Virtually everyone in the industry knows the quality of Snoopy's portfolio.

You should listen to Ned re honey and vinegar.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members