What's new

Retail POS and Website Integration

zerohaze

Does anyone have any experience with instore retail point of sale systems that can be easily integrated with an online store front.

I would like the online store to be fully integrated with our POS software, so that adding stock into our point of sale system will be reflected on the website etc...or a purchase made online will appear in our POS software.

Can anyone recommend a POS?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I have experience, but wouldn't say it was easy - custom backend website integration with the POS database.

I also planned the roll out of such a system for one of the countries biggest retail chains, which was in reverse - existing legacy POS and no website... that was a nightmare.

You can get a POS system that comes with an online store as part of the package. A few vendors are doing that. Haven't used it myself, but I have met few one such vendor before.

Is the website already built?

Last edited:

zerohaze

The website is not built as yet - there is an existing POS system however the existing system will be changed as the current POS has no support for website integration and it's not that great for instore either.

I have seen a few options as you said regarding packages that include a website with the POS however the plans for the website are quite large with sms capabilities, social media integration etc.... so I would rather have the website custom built exactly how we require.

Currently looking over some MYOB POS software, as other web design agencies claim to integrate shopping carts with MYOB POS, although the MYOB websites dont mention website integration

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Often you have to call them up to get a straight answer. Frustrating.

You can definately integrate with MYOB. Another one is Pronto.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member