sydneyduo

"I'm very interested in those domains however they are $12 each to buy
unregistered so $1300 is out of the question I'm afraid. I'd give you $40
for both"

Where do I even begin to respond??

LOL

smee

Top Contributor
With that low an offer for someone being "VERY" interested, I wouldn't bother responding!

James

Top Contributor
I would say you have been offered mid $XXX in the past, well that's what I have done on .com/.net domains in the past when a joker offers a silly bid.

Then instantly an offer of $80 turns into an offer of $500....that has happened.

Some people just test the water...

findtim

Top Contributor
go with James advice and stick to your guns, i get this all the time by people saying to me "but wordpress is free"

there are 2 things, there is the NEED to sell and the DESIRE to sell, 2 completely different situations.

be prepared to walk away, i've found the sooner you walk away the higher the next offer is. "fear of loss" is powerful, take that which way you want it.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Point them to previous recorded sales in that category and a link to dnjournal with the hobart sale to show the real value of a good domain, they replied so they are interested

James

Top Contributor
Point them to previous recorded sales in that category and a link to dnjournal with the hobart sale to show the real value of a good domain, they replied so they are interested

True, a good little tool I have been using recently to try and link up auction data is: http://dnsaleprice.com/

you can compare a similar domain and say x has recently sold for $xxxx for example.

morganp

Might have to try this response :)

for both"

acheeva

Top Contributor
for both"

Where do I even begin to respond??

LOL

"Thank you for your enquiry

Unfortunately, notwithstanding your interest in this domain, our views on value appear to be very different & it is highly unlikely that we can negotiate an outcome that would be acceptable to me"

Chris.C

Top Contributor
"Thank you for your enquiry

Unfortunately, notwithstanding your interest in this domain, our views on value appear to be very different & it is highly unlikely that we can negotiate an outcome that would be acceptable to me"
I agree. Don't waste your time. Seriously. Some people have no idea, find someone who actually has a clue.

That said I think it's about time we come together as a community and start compiling some "educational resources" in easily consumable format (ie video) for individuals like this.

What I would give for a 10 minute video that explained in relative detail everything someone buying a name needs to consider before even making an offer.

:rolleyes:

findtim

Top Contributor
That said I think it's about time we come together as a community and start compiling some "educational resources" in easily consumable format (ie video) for individuals like this.

What I would give for a 10 minute video that explained in relative detail everything someone buying a name needs to consider before even making an offer.

agreed, i mentioned this in a different post that said we need a "wiki" , the only thing is maintenance on such a thing COSTS time which is money.

at this moment we are all using dntrade for free and its just give and take which is fine, when you head down the path of creating and organising a wiki every one will need to pay for that privilege i believe
( note: i have NO financial interest in DNT )

tim

sydneyduo

Hey guys,

I meant it more as tongue in cheek ;)

Of course it's best to just ignore replies like that, as it is so way off that I can't be bothered to waste time to educate the buyer/ tire kicker.

Did provide a few giggles though when I first saw it!

chris

Top Contributor
I agree. Don't waste your time. Seriously. Some people have no idea, find someone who actually has a clue.

I agree Chris and something I think is definitely worth working on.

There's a site upgrade in the pipeline, I'll post an update in the next few days.

Cheers,
Chris

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Hey guys,

I meant it more as tongue in cheek ;)

Of course it's best to just ignore replies like that, as it is so way off that I can't be bothered to waste time to educate the buyer/ tire kicker.

Did provide a few giggles though when I first saw it!

It was probably from a domainer looking to buy and flip it

or maybe a company with deep pockets trying to pick up the name for a bargain would probably go with a reply similar to what acheeva has posted.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member