What's new

Resolving a .XXX domain

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, hope i'm in the correct area?

I bought a .XXX the other week, followed all the instructions but the domain didn't resolve? it delegated so i could get to the control panel but i couldn't gt to the index.html file.

so i phoned my host, (for this one crazydomains but i generally use hostgator and LOVE hostgators service ) welllllllll , as alwasy with crazy they have terrible service and it has taken me 3 WEEKS and 6 phone calls to finally get the website to resolve!

so here's what i did.

first, buy the domain, get it hosted, you will get an email from ICM and follow their instructions, then you will have an account with them that has a longgggggggg "member id" eg GHGTT8UJNHNB987HGF123 (fake of course)

then you phone your host and give them that id code......... now heres where i spent 3 weeks, these people telling me that it wasn't their task to do but IT IS. So if you get them saying otherwise then ask for someone else as the host has to enter your ID.

once i got the right person my domain was online within 30minutes

i hope that helps someone?

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Cant comment on your html issues but i can say that crazy domains dropped me like a hot potato when i asked them to contact icm registery on behalf because i could not get the phone code to work ?

I just parked magazinesubsrciptions.xxx so i was not aware that i had to ring the host ??

All i know is that after ten days of trying to get the phone code to work it finally did and i had my domains parking instantly once i inserted the membership number

Dynadot were also hopeless and i had to blast them to get the domains to resolve to a parking page

Hard work these .xxx domains !

findtim

Top Contributor
well the first 4 phone calls to crazydomains they simply hung up on me !!!!.

i don't use them for hosting but in this case i wanted the .xxx seperate from my other sites ( on hostgator), my reason is i want to find out how google is going to rank these domains and i don't want to be thinking that maybe an .xxx would effect my other domains?

just being careful till the dust settles.

silouette

Crazy

Hi Guys

I have around 200 domains with Crazy Domains and i agree there service is crap basically wait anywhere from 3 to 14 days for a reply and then its useless. I only purchase there as was the cheapest option and then it just becomes habit. :confused:

Any recommendations for a good registrar around the same price for au and .coms

findtim

Top Contributor
i've kept researching and can't find anyone cheaper but as you say it becomes habit !

having said that crazy does what it does and i rarelllyyyyyy phone them now so its no big deal for me anymore.

and even if someone came out with a dollar less per domain its goingt o take me 2 years to switch over anyway.

tim

acheeva

Top Contributor
I run a wholesale account with Crazy Domains and have 2-3 tickets per month with them; mainly because the functionality is limited
They do not have the slickest response times but otherwise I have found them obliging & thorough

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member