Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • On the fence

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Lemon

Top Contributor
But the resolution specifies a 2nd meeting, I suspect this is likely to be the AGM.
That is correct. IMHO auDA would have had to go to the AGM with a proposal to make changes to the constitution to allow them to operate a wholesale registry anyway. This resolution is to ensure that they follow the correct procedures.

This resolution has come about because of lack of communication and trust between auDA and the members. The way the whole registry saga has been played out is disconcerting to say the least. Do you trust auDA to run a registry for the benefit of the Australian public.

snoopy

Top Contributor
That is correct. IMHO auDA would have had to go to the AGM with a proposal to make changes to the constitution to allow them to operate a wholesale registry anyway. This resolution is to ensure that they follow the correct procedures.

This resolution has come about because of lack of communication and trust between auDA and the members. The way the whole registry saga has been played out is disconcerting to say the least. Do you trust auDA to run a registry for the benefit of the Australian public.

I don't trust AUDA in any way shape or form. But the alternative, which seems to be continue on with Ausregistry is far worse in my view. I don't really see what AUDA is going to do if they get knocked back and then only have 6 months before the contract expires.

Look, I'm the first one to say AUDA needs to be punished for what they have done, but resolution 3 does have potential to make the current status quo worse.

The big question is what do people expect is going to happen with the registry contract if AUDA's in house registry gets voted down? In my view it is not enough to say "That is up to AUDA" because AUDA is incompetent and registrants will potentially bear the brunt if this goes badly.

Lemon

Top Contributor
I don't trust AUDA in any way shape or form. But the alternative, which seems to be continue on with Ausregistry is far worse in my view. I don't really see what AUDA is going to do if they get knocked back and then only have 6 months before the contract expires.
auDA knew when the registry contract was up for renewal. You can get an idea of the time tine at http://www.grumpy.com.au/resolution-3/

IMHO it was a big mistake was not to go to open tender to begin with. I think there have been some bad business decisions made and failure to listen to advice given. Now auDA is playing catch up.

Lemon

Top Contributor
It says a lot about how much trust members have in auDA when a former director who was on the board for 10 years has to make a FOI request.

snoopy

Top Contributor
auDA knew when the registry contract was up for renewal. You can get an idea of the time tine at http://www.grumpy.com.au/resolution-3/

IMHO it was a big mistake was not to go to open tender to begin with. I think there have been some bad business decisions made and failure to listen to advice given. Now auDA is playing catch up.

Agree AUDA made a mistake not going to tender, they clearly feel the need to control it themselves and they have gone down the wrong path with that. Still it is better than what exists now.

Having said that I do not think they will now "play catchup", the organisation is a basket case. They are probably all trying to work at who to sack and who should resign, much like they blamed the acting CEO for the tender not being done previously. That is classic pass the buck - it was the boards fault.

Whilst all this going on the registry situation is at risk of being royally screwed up.

Lemon

Top Contributor
Just looking back at this article
https://delimiter.com.au/2016/08/02/auda-appoints-policy-development-veteran-new-ceo/

As auDA looks to the future to become better connected and engaged with its members and stakeholders, the breadth of experience that Mr Boardman brings to the position including his extensive policy development, commercial and international skills, will ensure the organisation will be exceptionally well led into the future”, Benjamin said.

Now here we are 10 months later. Says it all really.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
It is time for a senate government enquiry into auDA, the management of the au namespace and the wholesale registry. Let all sides of government do some questioning on the record.. The enquiry committee could call in old staff, old directors, contractors, suppliers, old lawyers, old auDA Foundation grant recipients also for some additional information

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member