What's new

Renew Domains or let them Drop?

Ross

Top Contributor
Hi All,

It's that time of the year when you get a message from the domain company asking you to renew your domains.

Looking at my portfolio there are a few that i'm not sure about... are they worth $21 registration fee or should i let them go?

• Auto-insurance-quote.com.au
  • Cheap-auto-insurance.com.au
  • Adult-dating.net.au
  • Bad-credit-mortgage.net.au
  • Home-equity-loan.net.au
  • Second-mortgage.net.au

Thoughts would be appreciated (thanks in advance)

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi Ross,

I'm not a huge fan of hyphens - and particularly not 2 hyphens in one domain name. So i.m.o., I'd drop 1, 2, 4 and 5 and possibly keep numbers 3 and 6.

Just my 2 bobs worth!

Cheers, Ned

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think these names only really have value if developed. If they are developed, the natural SEO edge that the strong KW in the domain would give (regardless of the hyphens) might generate some reasonable traffic.

If you haven't any plans to develop, I'd suggest you drop them...

Cheers

David

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
having been down the road of 'should i keep' before i would let drop , the hyphens dont worry me , but the term auto is not great in my mind , car insurance seems more an aussie term to me.

Save your money

Ross

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your help... i agree with all of you.

I won't be developing these domain names as i have names that are much better which i can develop (eg cheap-car-insurance.com.au or badcreditmortgage.com.au) ... so i will let them drop.

but yeh, they're a bit of an ugly ducklings... with - and .net
So if you're interested in registering them, they'll be dropped within the next 2 months

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member