What's new

redhot.com.au

OzNick

REDHOT.COM.AU is For Sale!
IMPORTANT NOTICE! The new registrant transfers policy took effect on 1 June 2008. In December 2007, the auDA Board approved a recommendation from the 2007 Names Policy Panel that the registrant transfers policy be relaxed to allow a registrant to transfer their domain name licence to another eligible entity, for any reason.

The new Transfers (Change of Registrant) Policy (2008-08) will take effect on 1 June 2008.

Please Note! You must meet the requirements of AUDA to be able to obtain a .com.au Domain Name (Example: Have a BN or ABN or ACN number etc...). See here for further details: http://www.auda.org.au

REDHOT.COM.AU eBay Auction

Under new policy released by AUDA on the 1st of June 2008, Domain names in the .AU tld can now be sold/transferred. Therefore REDHOT.COM.AU is now FOR SALE.

This is one of the most sought after domain names. It has a wide appeal and can be used for many different types of sites ranging from Sex sites to white goods and everything in between. How many RED HOT sales are on the television or radio?

This Domain Name is perfect for promoting your business

Details available through our feedback form.​

Hurry! Don't delay, REDHOT.COM.AU won't be available for long!​

Starting Price: AU $500,000.00
Price Negotiations Welcome​

Last edited:

paz

Agreed. If I had it and someone offered 5k I would take it and run and never turn back.

.au market is too young for prices like this

OzNick

Yep, it's a young market and there's no telling what a .au domain name is really worth until you try.

I've had the domain name for over 10 years and i'll keep it for another 10 if I have to. it cost me bugger all to purchase (under $100), so whatever i get for it is a bonus.

Who knows, it may be one of those that does eventually sell for a nice sum, but then it may never sell....

I'm not that fussed either way.

Wade

Yeh, you're right paz, if it gets typeins they are most likely looking for red hot pie. I send some of my dating type ins to RHP and it does quite well.

RHP could be potential buyers, but again, not at 500k.

Its only a decent domain, not a premium name, even redhot.com would be unlikely to crack 6 figures.

The issue is your 500k reserve, its so unrealistic it will turn off ALL potential purchasers. Then to say it cost $100 and anything extra is a bonus suggests you'd accept well below $500k. If you truly want to sell it, you're going about it the wrong way imo.

OzNick

Early days my friends. I don't care what it sells for. Anythings a bonus... $1 or $1000000, I couldn't care less (although I'd tell you to shovel sand where the sun doesn't shine if you offered a dollar) ;)

OzNick

Also, If I was deserate, I could consider lesser offers only to see the domain name sell for loads more in 1, 2 or ten years later.

The domian names worth at this point is what I want to ask for it. If someone is willing to pay the price or negotiate, then so be it. I'm not earnig a living out of buying and selling domains in the .au market. I just happen to own a handful that MIGHT be worth something.

I really don't care...

Wade

Nick, if you want to sell it now or in the future, your best chance is by putting a realistic price tag on it. Compare it to .com sale prices over at dnjournal.com, there is no way its worth $500k.

All you're doing with this price tag is turning buyers off, and then confusing people with what price you are truly looking for.

You are not alone, there are many holders of quality .au names who only hold a few names each, with these small holdings the illusions of gradeur grow larger and larger....the thought of seeing their small holding shrink and only obtain them a fraction of the massive payday they dreamt is too much to accept.

If I owned redhot.com.au I would gladly sell it for $2k-$5k, the difference is I have plenty of other quality names to fall back on. Domainers with large amounts of inventory can more easily let go of names for market value.

soj

Founder
Nick, I think your best bet would to redirect the site to redhotpie with your affiliate link. redhot.com.au is the number 1 search term that DN Trade is receiving traffic from the search engines at the moment, and i think most of them would be looking for the redhotpie website. Give it a go, you may be quite impressed with the return you get from it ;)

OzNick

Thanks guys. With the .au domain name market opening up and not being able to get accurate appraisals from moniker etc, a "delusional" price tag was probably (likely) added to early.

I appreciate the fact that I haven't been flamed on this forum. As I've said earlier, I put the price up there to test the waters. If someone bought it, so be it.

There were plenty of .au domains advertised on eBay at the start of June asking for 6 figure sums. It would be interesting to see the results of those too.

Thanks for the advice re redhotpie, I'll check it out.

stoscano

There were plenty of .au domains advertised on eBay at the start of June asking for 6 figure sums. It would be interesting to see the results of those too.

I've been watching them (ebay ones) pretty closely. None seemed to get ANY bids. Most have been relisted 3 or 4 times since and at half the previous price each time.

OzNick

Pretty much why I didn't relist redhot. Cost about $65 for nothing. Better off to advertise it(any domain) on it's own web site.

Costs are largely reduced and if it does sell, then the money is all yours without having to pay a percentage to the marketing site, be it eBay, moniker or god forbid melbourneIT (30%!!!!).

OzNick

Cheers James,
Yeah optimistic alright. Shoud've started WAY lower I guess, but then, who knew? Certainly not me.... ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo