What's new

recurring theme

findtim

Top Contributor
there is a recurring theme in this thread and people should not be put off asking for appraisals but most often they have a reasonable name IF the new owner is willing to spend $$$$$$$$ marketing it.

so i see it as a few distinct answers:

1) the overall marketing budget for the new owner has room for a good price for the right name, but rarely you will know what they are going to use it for and to what extent.

2) why should your asking price change based on the potential buyer? just try to sell it for what you think you think it is worth and forget about it if they turn it into a million dollar p/a business as you wouldn't have.

3) you think its GREAT but nobody else does ! well thats life and we like to be proved wrong

4) simple "supply and demand" theory, you have it, they may want it but is it over priced?

5) what comes with the name? is it an online business or is it JUST a domain name? OR, a database of interested people? exacts? rankings? high CPC?, proven turnover? supply chain? social media presence, etccccccccc

6) "SWOT" ( old school, still valid) Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats

Ask these questions to yourself of your domain and you might work out the answer yourself as to its value.

EVERY business/domain/car/house is worth $0 until it is sold.

a business/domain/car/house can make you money or put a roof over your head before sale so thats its value, but if its sitting around doing nothing then its a liability.

SO, put them up for sale at your price and see what happens, the market will decide.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Has this post been cut off another thread?

no, i did type it today, i think "Chris C" somewhere said it better? but it seems snoopy many members don't search for answers based on other threads recently so i wanted to detail it again.

i keep calling for a wiki and i know the admins are working towards that which would be GREATTTTTTTTTTTT

but as we all know things get in our way to doing what we want.

a wiki is a HUGE task and it starts with just one universally agreed advice eg: "don't buy hypens"

BAMMMMM, we now have a start for a wiki

then we all submit articles/sentences for approval from admin

now i am off thread and in the wrong area, sorry

happy easter everyone

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online