What's new

Recommend a video editor?

Ash

Top Contributor
Hi all,

Does anyone have a favourite video editor that is easy to use and would recommend?

Have a client that wants to record and edit video of themselves on their iPad/tablet with the option to include music, still photos etc... I'm thinking Windows Movie Maker or iMovie but have been pointed towards Videolicious as an option also. This is for a non-techie.

Cheers, Ashley.

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
I'm not sure that this suites but Adobe Premier Elements is a great program that adds a lot of features but still 'fairly' simple to use. I find that iMovie is great (simple) but lacks a lot of seemingly basic features. Movie Maker (the older version at least) was simple but a lot of the effects at least didn't look that great.

In terms of Premiere, most definitely Elements, not the full thing.

What kind of videos are we talking about though? Is it just some basic cropping and adding titles, or what would be needing to be done? Is it limited to doing the editing on the iPad/tablet itself?

EDIT: From a quick look on the app store, something like the full version of 'splice' could do the job and seems pretty easy to use from the quick play around with it. (I'm assuming there's an iPad version).

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks guys.

It is for a real estate agent. Basically wants to record himself talking about the market, maybe a bit of a walk through a property and then to mix in still shots and background music.

I think Premiere may be out of their league sp@rky. Editing on the iPad would be great which is my only hangup about suggesting Movie Maker.

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
Yah, that makes sense. There's quite a few editing apps for the ipad (or at least there are for the iPhone) so I'd just have a bit of a look through and find the ones with high star ratings (and lots of ratings) and then research them a bit.

EDIT: Didn't realise you could get iMovie for iPad, that's the way I'd go. The Mac version is extremely simple to use and would cover everything they'd need to be able to do.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member