I mentioned in the recently registered thread that I recently registered these:

copiertoner.com.au
climbingshoes.com.au
surfforecast.com.au
longrangeweatherforecast.com.au
electricbbq.com.au
electricdrumkit.com.au
displayfridges.com.au

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts.

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Is no one interested in given these domains an appraisal? To date I have not sold any domains so I really don't know valuing them. So any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple more I registered awhile ago:

earnmoneyfromhome.com.au
savingsinterestrates.com.au
cheapflightstoeurope.com.au
stainlesssteelfridge.com.au
flightstonewzealand.com.au
newreleasedvd.com.au
searchengineslist.com.au

Thoughts?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Hi mate you seem keen to do well in the industry.

Hope I can offer a bit of advice, If I was you I would use the google adwords tool before register your names just to make sure they are worth the reg fee. Also search netfleet.com.au for the aftermarket names that might be better for you to invest in

copiertoner.com.au is the only one I would value as worth anything probably $200 - $500 max

You would be better to save your money and buy just a few premium names or in time you will be paying lots of renewals for not much profit, development or resale potential

If you can save $1000+ go to netfleet and choose the name you really want thats of greater investment value

that being said hope you do well with what you have invested in so far

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Hi mate you seem keen to do well in the industry.
That's the idea. I wish I had found these forums months ago.

Also search netfleet.com.au for the aftermarket names that might be better for you to invest in.
This will probably where I will be looking from now on, along with the expiry auctions.

copiertoner.com.au is the only one I would value as worth anything probably $200 - $500 max
Thanks for the valuation.

On the bright side if I was able to sell copiertoner.com.au for $500 it would cover the cost of all the others.

:p

Win some, lose some?

:rolleyes:

You would be better to save your money and buy just a few premium names or in time you will be paying lots of renewals for not much profit, development or resale potential
Yeah I'm fearing the day of renewal.

I'm hoping in the not too distant future more registrars transfer fees will be closer to that of ventraIPs ($39) and netfleets aftermarket auction didn't have a $100 minimum reserve who knows I might have been able to offload a couple of them for reg fee and at least get my money back.

If you can save $1000+ go to netfleet and choose the name you really want thats of greater investment value
LOL I've clearly got a bit to learn about buying domains. I'm happy to acknowledge in hindsight that I have picked a few stinkers paying $20. So I don't know if I'm ready to graduate to $1000+ for domains.

that being said hope you do well with what you have invested in so far
Me too. And if you have any more advice for me by all means please contribute to this thread I started:

http://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-development-tips-tricks-insights-t1847.html

Honan

Top Contributor
"I'm hoping in the not too distant future more registrars transfer fees will be closer to that of ventraIPs ($39)"
You mean COR ( change of registrant )
Transferring .au to any registrar is free

James

Top Contributor
Here is one domain I hand regged, Saw it on Drop a few days ago, yet did not bid...

Saw no one snapped it up so I got it today - http://www.professionalseo.com.au/

I like the name, I guess and been a SEO I can make something of it I hope =)...and according to Google keyword tool gets around 1,000 Aussie exacts a month, 8k+ USA, not 100% accurate but thought it was a ok pick up.

Also hand regged like 3 insurance .com.au domains too after spending 1 hour doing some keyword research, found 3 domains which have decent exact matches on Google Keyword tool for AU traffic...

Plus I got 2 .com.au domains on DROP recently...

Vicstar

Nice! I'm sure that was on the same day as 'cheapseo'.. I wonder if expensiveseo.com.au is available... and if you'd actually get customers?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Eek sorry :eek: I thought it sounded weird typing it!
I'm only kidding!

:p

Whilst if I had of seen it dropping I almost certainly would have bid/registered it - I definitely don't need to buy any more domains - I got more domains to develop than I can handle as is.

It's amazing how some domains can escape your eyes on the drop list.. personally I look through both lists.. as my eyes play different tricks at both places
I know what you mean. I don't even bother to look these days (don't have time). I generally work on the theory of if there is something good buried in the mountain of trash someone else will fish it out and bid on it and bring it on the radar for everyone else...

:D

...but when some nice little gems like professionalseo.com.au drops without even a bid it highlights a large flaw in my theory.

:eek:

James

Top Contributor
I think cheap SEO is 100% worth the price but, it wont take long at all to get your money back even if you make a 1 page website.

But yeah I to am at the stage where I have like 70 domains and only like 40 are developed. I do not like having domains sitting their not achieving their full potential.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
But yeah I to am at the stage where I have like 70 domains and only like 40 are developed. I do not like having domains sitting their not achieving their full potential.
That's a much better ratio than me.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads