What's new

RealEstate vs Property (in Oz)

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Hello...

http://stardom.co.uk/rick-schwartz-sells-property-com-properties-com-for-4-million-stock/

Many Americans will think the best term is Real Estate. Whilst this maybe true for the United States. In the English speaking world, property is by far the more common term and more Globally accepted. I am biased being English of course but RealEstate.com is not for sale anyway and is developed business so it’s value would be many multiples. As will happen to Property.com and Properties.com

Do you agree with the sentence in red?

Thanks

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
From big G, it seems Australians search 'Real Estate' 550,000 times a month, while only 8,100 times a month the word 'property', however I wonder if this is due because RealEstate.com.au is popular.

Shane

Top Contributor
I think you could be right about real estate being the more popular term (online at least) thanks to realestate.com.au.

Personally I use the term property more than real estate.

Good old REA have covered themselves with both realestate.com.au and property.com.au :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
The comment about property being more popular is BS. Probably pandering to Rick is my best guess with that post.

Ash

Top Contributor
Well, there were a bunch of decent [suburb]property .com.au's dropping yesterday and they didn't even get a look in. If they were [suburb]realestate.com.au I'd say they would have been snapped up.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo