1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

qr codes

Discussion in 'Web Development' started by DnEbook, Mar 24, 2009.

1. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Has anyone been their research on these ?

they are a code simular to a barcode , except they look like a maze and can be read vertically and horizontally

They will appear on tshirts and other articles of clothing, they have been in japan for nearly a decade and are set to spread throughout the world , you scan them with your mobile phone and they can take you directly to a website contained in the code, so far i have noticed qrtshirts.com.au has gone and qrshopping.com.au has been taken by someone, it does seem there are some opportunities left ..... maybe food for thought ?

qrcodes.com.au is gone and the .net.au as well , below is a link about them

http://www.denso-wave.com/qrcode/aboutqr-e.html

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. soj

soj Founder

I have seen them around a fair bit, in magazines, and a lot of movie advertisements have them too. I have also noticed them on Samsung TVs for sale. The Nokia N95 has software which can scan them, but it only takes you onto a url. I don't see how they could be that handy really, and i don't really see them taking off.