What's new

Q&A Gripe

Chris.C

Top Contributor
OK thought I'd offer NF a bit of feedback on the Q & A section - while I'm happy that you added it as a feature of NF catalogue listings, I would love to have the ability to contact any bidder that contact me.

Like yesterday I received a question from a potential bidder wanting to know if I had a BIN I gave him a price in the response, then he responded back saying what he was willing to pay, it was a decent offer. I said, I'll have to think about it and will get back to him tomorrow (which is today) but that he needed to submit the bid for it to be official and for me to be able to accept it, and of course he hasn't submitted anything and I have no way of following him up because I don't have any contact details and you are only allowed to submit one response when someone submits a question.

So I guess what I'm asking is if someone opens a dialogue with you, I think you should be able to respond to them more than once.

If you are worried that people might continually spam people who have contacted them why not put a 7 or 30 day time limit on being able to contact each other or something.

As it stands I think the communications channels are VERY one sided, as in the buyer has all the power as to if they want to talk, the seller just has to hope they initiate a conversation.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Just thought I'd bump this original request back up and "complain about" or "suggest" something else related to the Q & A...

:D

Would it be possible to make it so that we can read old Q & A threads. I don't like how once you respond the thread is deleted.

Often I find myself getting new questions a couple of days later that reference things that I mentioned in previous responses and I have no way of knowing what I previously said.

Also sometime buyers put information in their their questions that I'd like to be able to refer back to, but once you have replied the thread is gone.

Mark

Top Contributor
We are working on the two way Q&A ability as we speak - shouldn't be long now.

Also, disappearing Q&A threads are not by design, but by oversight :eek: Will make sure they remain in place.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
We are working on the two way Q&A ability as we speak - shouldn't be long now.

Also, disappearing Q&A threads are not by design, but by oversight :eek: Will make sure they remain in place.
So I haven't had someone submit a Q & A in awhile... have the new changes been implemented yet?

Mark

Top Contributor

Just an update - no more disappearing Q&As. You'll see full history in Members Area and on the listing itself (if logged in, or public)

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Just an update - no more disappearing Q&As. You'll see full history in Members Area and on the listing itself (if logged in, or public)
Thanks.

So is anything being organised to allow for the following:
Like yesterday I received a question from a potential bidder wanting to know if I had a BIN I gave him a price in the response, then he responded back saying what he was willing to pay, it was a decent offer. I said, I'll have to think about it and will get back to him tomorrow (which is today) but that he needed to submit the bid for it to be official and for me to be able to accept it, and of course he hasn't submitted anything and I have no way of following him up because I don't have any contact details and you are only allowed to submit one response when someone submits a question.

So I guess what I'm asking is if someone opens a dialogue with you, I think you should be able to respond to them more than once.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member