1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Protection of large .com.au portfolio

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by brandpluck, Jun 28, 2020.

1. brandpluck

brandpluck Membership: Community

Does anyone have a large .com.au portfolio (i.e. well over 100 names) and has been reviewed for compliance by auDA and 1) had to delete all or most of their names for non-compliance, or 2) was able to prove that your portfolio was in compliance?
    If so, what are the best methods to ensure protection of your portfolio? What is the best rationale for holding a large portfolio of names e.g. operating a branding agency? Or is it complete luck of the draw?
    I am sitting on a large portfolio and for obvious reasons would like to protect it. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
  3. brandpluck

brandpluck Membership: Community

Thanks. Other than your own platform, which is the next best in your opinion? Majority of names are with Drop.com.au. I know the parent company also owns Above.com. What is the best option to park them while having the names with Drop i.e. by simply changing the Name Servers?

4. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

My advice would be to diversify into other extensions, .com.au is incredibly risky with all of these deletions.

Data Glasses likes this.
  5. Data Glasses

Data Glasses Membership: VIP

LOL move over to .Cn .....less risk!

Bacon Farmer likes this.
  6. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

Bodis.com is excellent for parking and sales landers.

7. Data Glasses

Data Glasses Membership: VIP

Happy to agree, Mat used to show his face on Namepros .... although that would be not so smart these days. It has become a different entity

Scott7 likes this.