What's new

Protecting a surname.com.au domain

ttfan

Top Contributor
How would one protect the ownership of mysurname.com.au when the surname has no direct link to the business (apart from the person with the surname working for the business).
I own my domain mysurname.com.au, and used the ABN of the sole trader, who is a member of our family. It's currently only used for Email, both related to the business and personal use. It's not a common surname, there's only a handful of us in Australia, but still I feel I should protect it if I can. What's the simplest way to protect this domain?

Can I just create a landing page with some ads, relating to my name? I can't work out from the rules if this is sufficient or not, and I'm not game to ask auda.

Glady

Hi
I have several surnames, if you want to protect your surname one way to do it it have it at a parking page like Fabulous offer.
You need to have links like the following, I have had this approved by auDA
Your Surname Family Search
Your Surname Heritage
Your Surname Family Tree
Your Surname Family Crests
Your Surname Reunions
Your Surname Ancestry

Attachments

• 1618343601612.png
    1618343601612.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 11

ttfan

Top Contributor
Thank you very much Glady!

So you mean park the domain with fabulous.com, and set the keywords to the list you posted above, right?

ttfan

Top Contributor
Just for the benefit of others who may have the same question, Fabulous now outsource their parking to parkingcrew.com, and you can enter the keywords via their website.

Glady

I find with Parking Crew the keywords do not always show up as you have set them, Fabulous shows the keywords that you have set.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Perhaps you have some old setting on Fabulous that still work, because they've clearly told me they don't Parking anymore, it's all been outsources to Parking Crew.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member