What's new

Pr6 pr6 pr9 pr#

soj

Founder
Pagerank is googles ranking value based on how popular a site is linkwise. Some people live by it and only want links from high PR sites, though I personally dont take any notice. I have PR0 sites ranking quite well in competetive searches.

Ash

Top Contributor
...and it's not 'page' as in web page - it's Page as in Larry Page (a co-founder of Google).

+1 for what soj has said. It tries to denote the authority of a site based on number and quality of links. There's a good chart on the wikipedia page.

Shane

Top Contributor
...though I personally dont take any notice. I have PR0 sites ranking quite well in competetive searches.

Same. I used to be obsessed with PR, but since I have PR0 sites which rank in positions 1 & 2 in Google for relatively competitive terms, I now pay no attention to it.

That said, I wouldn't mind if Google threw a PR5 or higher my way, just to please the ego. :)

djuqa

Top Contributor
The best metric to use for websites is usage by users .
as indicated by this Relevant info
On October 15, 2009, Google employee Susan Moskwa confirmed that the company had removed PageRank from its Webmaster Tools section. Her post said in part, "We’ve been telling people for a long time that they shouldn’t focus on PageRank so much; many site owners seem to think it's the most important metric for them to track, which is simply not true."

James

Top Contributor
Page rank is still a good metric if its a high PR you are dealing with, but as said you can have a PR 0 ranking for high competition terms.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo