What's new

politician domain names ++

findtim

Top Contributor
note: you won't be able to track this back to me and it has nothing do with anything i have done in the past and this is the reason i am posting it.
-------------
got a phone call this morning from a politician candidate wanting to just run off a "sideline" site for his area and wants me to create a profile for him, no problems i can do that but i then asked him if he actually owned his NAME.com.au eg: timsmith.com.au ... and he didnt !!!

thankfully he has a weird last name so i advised him to register it TODAY before he started promoting himself for election to XX? suburb

he was about to go get thousands of brochures printed and push it back to the "party" website, it reallllllyyyyyy SH^ts me, i think i am missing something here, i'm to bloody honest, people are just wasting money and being riped off inthis industry and its bad bad bad for all of us.

I honestly get one of these phone calls EVERY week, sad stories of everyday people spending thousands and receiving NOTHING in the end

AND the yesterday i get a phone call from a person who paid $8k to a guy and she has a SH&T template site and doesn't rank anywhere!

i really want to go and knee cap these people, they are doing nothing for our busines culture

tim

James

Top Contributor
Depends if he has a dedicated URL and landing page on the party website and then link that via the brochure, can be a short term fix to the problem until he hosts his own site.

But yes $8,000 for a landing page is expensive.

findtim

Top Contributor
Depends if he has a dedicated URL and landing page on the party website and then link that via the brochure, can be a short term fix to the problem until he hosts his own site.

But yes $8,000 for a landing page is expensive.

he doesn't have a dedicated url, but even then a www.someparty.com.au/someone is not a good URL, better to have www.YOURNAME.com.au

Tim, do you have the number of the girl that paid $8k for the *^%*$% template site? ;)

yes i do , but i am sorting her out with her next steps in business and not ripping her off, i think she will now be with me FOREVER as i am honest with my clients, and not only that i am sure she will ( like all my clients ) bring me more clients. win win

she took a hit, learnt from it and now she is safe with me.

i don't just create websites, i create online strategies, i know i have some members who are critical of me but my client retention rate is 99% so i must be doing something right, and i just reviewed my stats and from EVERY client in the last 10 years i average @ 2 referals ONGOING.

my bottom line point is, treat your clients well, its the cheapest advertising you will ever get.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members